Suicide by train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Why is this suicide method used so much? Do you think people just think of others that have done the same and copy blindly? Is it because it's easy to execute? Is it because they think it will get them more attention?

In terms of "ending it quickly", there is a real risk that this doesn't actually occur. In fact, sometimes the worst happens...people survive it, if only for a short time. There are many videos online you could watch showing survivors of some attempts, and in some cases just what is left of them. I've seen one where a person is dragged and rubbed/ragdolled/spun all the way down an underground train station between the train and the platform, and survives it initially. I can't begin to imagine the pain of being ground into the floor/platform by tons of metal.

I guess the thought is that statistically it should be over in an instant but....still....why trains? Why not jump off a building? Take some pills? Slit your wrists, shoot yourself, gas yourself. Nah...I'm gonna jump in front of 100s of tons of metal coz...well...trains are how to do it.

Soldato
OP
What kind of person watches 'many videos online' of people throwing themselves in front of trains?

A Psychopath, is the obvious answer. Are you a legit psychopath, OP? Serious question (supposedly 1 or 2% of us are psychopaths).

Clearly not something I do daily. I happened to come across one before and I was intrigued and hence found more. I don't think it weird for anyone to be interested in what happens literally in these kind of things, as brutal as they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom