Summer Transfer Thread 2018

Soldato
Soldato
Personally I would take Willian + Talisca instead of Bale and this should work out cheaper both in transfer costs and wages and Utd should be set for the next 6-8 years or more instead of 3 if we are lucky with Bale

(not saying any of them are achievable, esp given how much RM will want for Bale now, but hey ho)

Alba talk is from the agent , no hope of that happening.

Always liked Fabinho, wish we had gotten him last season - but whether its accurate or not a lot of close sources are saying Utd put feelers out but nothing more, again most of it appears to be agent / media talk rather than concrete interest.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...Jose-Mourinho-Kylian-Mbappe-PSG-Monaco-gossip

(one for the " invented on the spot" pile)

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://redmancunian.com/2018/05/29/done-deal-united-agree-terms-trigger-release-cause/

its from the telegraph but its happened so quickly it sounds dubious

Porto's young defender Diogo Dalot for £17.5m (backup to Valencia, but versatile enough to play on either side)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I wouldn't take either personally.

This Dalot rumour certainly has some good people talking about it. Personally think we need a new starter rather than signing a backup to Valencia.

Man of Honour
Sounds like this Dalot deal is going ahead, very highly rated by people who watch him and he can play RB and LB.

Soldato
Willians older then Bale and no where near his level...not sure why you'd get more years out of him over Bale.
I never said we would, I said we would get more years out of a combination of Willian and Talisca (and it gives Talisca a few years to adapt to the English game/ Utd without too much pressure)

Soldato
I never said we would, I said we would get more years out of a combination of Willian and Talisca (and it gives Talisca a few years to adapt to the English game/ Utd without too much pressure)

You kinda did really. Bale plays a similar position to Willian after all. If United want to challenge for the title i think they need better tbh. I almost think you'd be doing Chelsea a favour if you signed Willian for a decent amount and Talisca (by all accounts, cant say ive seen a lot) is alright but unlikely to improve on what you already have.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Sounds like this Dalot deal is going ahead, very highly rated by people who watch him and he can play RB and LB.

Yeah but he isn't Valencia or Young so he will make a mistake and get benched for 6 weeks before getting 5 minutes at the end of a game and then disappearing into the ether.

Soldato
Manchester City are hopeful of completing the double signing of Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez and Napoli midfielder Jorginho by the end of next week.

Mahrez will cost around £60m with Jorginho's fee anticipated to be £42m.]
[/QUOTE]

cant believe city are still going for mahrez lol

Man of Honour
Zidane has apparently resigned from Real! :eek:

That might put a spanner in the works with Bale, as he might decide to stay now and see how he gets on with a new manager

Back
Top Bottom