Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Caporegime
Window is opening in 10 days time and as an Arsenal fan, I am rather perturbed to see many outlets reporting that Barça are highly interested in our newly crowned player of the season, Alex Lacazette.

What with losing Ramsey too, losing both in one window, and they wouldn’t be sufficiently replaced imo, would be devastating.

Caporegime
OP
At this point I would say nobody in our first team is safe. If Pogba/De Gea/etc all want out, then they need to go.

We need a proper director of football structure in place and then targets need to be aggressively pursued - Solskjaer will likely want to play some sort of 4231 wide/counter attacking system.

As it stands we have no usable wingers, no real number 10, and we need another striker. There are plenty of promising young players out there who can come in: Lozano, Bailey, Neres, Havertz, Aouar to name a few.

That doesn't even touch on the defence which pretty much needs replacing entirely. I'd keep Dalot, Lindelof and probably Shaw (though he seems weird), and get in a couple of decent centre backs and another full back: Koulibaly, Militao, De Ligt (I wish), Hakimi, Ferland Mendy.

If De Gea causes problems, just use Romero for now, he's fine. I don't think Lukaku will work out long term either. Sanchez needs removing no matter the cost, he's been a disaster.

Of course none of this will likely come about - I have no idea what Woodward is going to do. Will be a very interesting transfer window, but if it goes like previous ones, it's going to be a pain too.
I agree with what you’re saying, but it sounds like a lot more than what’s realistically achievable in one window. Sounds more like a 2-3 year project.

Caporegime
OP
Despite the stadium we do have the money but failure of investment in the last 2 windows means they have some catching up to do, so effectively it could be a rebuild. Many be that's be on Levy's mind. Maybe he knows Poch is going and any incming manager will have his own money to invest. I'm only speculating but this is the only logical explanation I can come up with.

Players I see leaving:

Jensen
Trippier
Erikson
Lamella
Toby
and even Dier.

The club can't expect to keep keeping it's fingers crossed and hope others slip up. The last 8 weeks have been a joke. If we continue next terms where we left off, we are in serious trouble.

IMO - Poch is going.
What a fall from grace for Trippier since last July. Poor bloke will probably end up back at Burnley or something!

Caporegime
OP
Let's see, playing in a nice European country with decent weather Vs playing in Manchester.....

Also let's face it, most people dislike the English because of our little Englander arrogant mentality. Doubt Brexit helps much either, cementing our bigoted outlook.

Only consistent success at the highest level and bags of money will change it.
There’s no need to drag brexit into this, or our ‘little Englander’ arrogant mentality, as you put it. It has nothing to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom