Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

Caporegime
Funny how the narrative around Sancho changes, a couple of months ago he was a great because he dribbled past some PSG defender a lot and ETH was an idiot for forcing him out. Yet it comes to the transfer window and suddenly he's worthless and not even his beloved Dortmund seem keen on getting him back.

Caporegime
See Will Still has taken the Lens job, thought he might take a job in England next but that is a pretty good move for him. Gets to test himself at a bigger French club and in Europe.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Funny how the narrative around Sancho changes, a couple of months ago he was a great because he dribbled past some PSG defender a lot and ETH was an idiot for forcing him out. Yet it comes to the transfer window and suddenly he's worthless and not even his beloved Dortmund seem keen on getting him back.

Its almost like people just want to rag on United at every opportunity and can happily flip flop their opinion on a daily basis without most people seeing the ridiculousness of it all...

Don
I'm not sure there's any flip flopping. Whether Sancho done well at Dortmund (I didn't follow him to comment) or not, it doesn't change the fact that Utd will struggle to shift him for a big fee. Unless there's a queue of major clubs wanting him then his contract and the way he departed Utd will mean that any would be buyer will negotiate a hard bargain.

It appears that Dortmund is the most likely destination and a quick google tells me that £40m (as an example) would be more than they've ever paid for a player before and Sancho's Utd wage is likely to be around double what anybody earns at Dortmund. I fail to see how Dortmund would pay £40m for Sancho and take on his wages. Either the fee is reduced and or Utd are taking a big chunk of the fee and paying him to leave.

Caporegime
He isn't on much more than his last contract at Dortmund (190k) Especially with the no CL reduction. I don't understand how they can't have money, they've sold so many players for huge fees over recent years. It's more likely they just don't think he's worth much, despite the media campaign. If Sancho is so desperate to return then he can take a pay cut.

Don
Not only would I be surprised if Dortmund were paying him that much, I'm all but certain that Utd are paying him considerably more than that. I've broke it down several times before, backed up by Utd's accounts and statements to shareholders by Utd's CFO, but the combined total of Ronaldo, Varane and Sancho's signing's added circa £1.6m per week to Utd's wage bill. Sancho is earning far far more than £200k per week, in fact based on 75% of Utd's overall wage bill going towards their first team squad (this is generous btw), Utd's average first team salary is somewhere in the region of £190k per week.

Whether Dortmund can afford him or not I couldn't tell you however history tells you they're pretty frugal and look for value in the transfer market so I'd be amazed if they broke their record transfer fee on a player that's on a massive contract when the selling club are very willing sellers.

Don
I never pay attention to reported wage figures as club accounts often disprove them and when you break down what clubs are actually paying players (albeit collectively) it just defies logic that these reports can be remotely true.

Associate

He's on 300k or 350k a week, which is a world class wage. Dortmund would take him back on lesser wages but that isn't happening due to his contract

Sancho up for sale for £40 apparently. Hopefully someone pays that.

I take it £40m. I wonder how he'd do under Arteta at Arsenal

Soldato
If I were Dortmund and wanted Sancho, I'd just sit and wait. Sancho won't want to go back to united, he clearly likes Dortmund and would rather be there, we don't want him back (at least with ETH still here). We'll probably let him go for less rather than have him sat on the books doing nothing for a year.

Soldato
If I were Dortmund and wanted Sancho, I'd just sit and wait. Sancho won't want to go back to united, he clearly likes Dortmund and would rather be there, we don't want him back (at least with ETH still here). We'll probably let him go for less rather than have him sat on the books doing nothing for a year.
It would be rather funny if he sat in reserves for the season!

Would Southgate have the balls to do that or would he become a favourite?

Last edited:
Soldato
I actually think Southgate's mostly shown that he won't select players who're going to rock the boat, or who have baggage that might impact their state of mind.

But not selecting someone for their country is a bit different to dropping/benching an expensive asset at a club.

And that's largely why the Southgate rumours make no sense to me. Even if he wins the Euro's, there's absolutely nothing in his CV which suggests he could be a top club manager.

Soldato
Good to see Fulham standing (somewhat) firm on Palhinha with Bayern. He'll definitely go, but hopefully it's for a decent enough fee and one of the rumoured replacements come in, in good time.

Soldato
GPuOfJLXAAAfgI2

Olise spotted at Chelsea

Serious point : The amount of rumour and hearsay online is always off the charts in the run up to a summer International tournament.

Last edited:
Soldato

To be fair that even says it includes bonuses, presumably because they're trying to make it sound as much as possible. And from what else i can find about Dortmund wages, that seems like it's potentially adding some hefty bonus's to inflate the figure, like maybe they're amortising a large bonus for winning the Bundesliga or Champions League into it.

Whilst still not going to be gospel, i'd believe something like this to be far more likely

msQN1QR.png

Source - https://www.capology.com/player/jadon-sancho-36610/

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'll trust a well respected journalist over a site that is clearly making up figures. The fact you think they're adding bonuses to make it sound as high as possible but don't think they'd do that for Manchester United is hilarious.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll trust a well respected journalist over a site that is clearly making up figures. The fact you think they're adding bonuses to make it sound as high as possible but don't think they'd do that for Manchester United is hilarious.

Oh i'm certain any article from the BBC would be doing exactly that. However i'm morely likely believing a site like the above would be comparing like with like.

Soldato
Everywhere (apart from stone) had his wage at 6 million p.a in 2019 after he signed his pay bump contract, this jumped to 10mill a year in 2020 and then man utd pay him 20 odd million a year when he signed (and still paid around 300k p.w of his salary when he was loaned to Dortmund)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom