**Summer Transfer Thread: News, Rumours and Speculation**

Soldato
Well with the season coming to a climax the papers are starting to fill up again with all sorts of transfer speculation. Will Barry join Liverpool? Will Ronaldo go to Madrid? Will Tevez sign permanently? Will Chelsea buy big this year? Will Arsenal buy anyone for more than 50p and 20 cigs? Will Man City outbid everybody?

Here is the weekend gossip from the BBC to start us off

Portsmouth are willing to sell Croatian midfielder Nico Kranjcar to Tottenham this summer in order to ease their cash problems. (Daily Mirror)

Defender Martin Laursen is set for talks with boss Martin O'Neill to discover whether he still has a future at Aston Villa. (Daily Mail)

Chelsea striker Claudio Pizarro, currently on loan at Werder Bremen, is wanted by Panathinaikos. (Daily Mirror)

Liverpool goalkeeper Charles Itandje will be off-loaded after his "'inappropriate" conduct at the Hillsborough memorial service. (Daily Mail, various)

Ukraine striker Andriy Voronin will return to Liverpool after a loan spell with Hertha Berlin expires at the end of the season. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United will launch a £70m bid for AC Milan's Kaka if Cristiano Ronaldo leaves for Real Madrid in the summer. (News of the World)

But Ronaldo says he will stay at United while Sir Alex Ferguson remains manager. (Sunday Mirror)

Chelsea have had a £44m bid for David Villa rejected by Valencia and will have to up their offer if they want to sign him. (Observer)

Joe Cole is to be offered a new four-year, £100,000-a-week deal by Chelsea in the summer. (News of the World)

Tottenham have set their sights on Blackburn's Roque Santa Cruz and plan to sell Roman Pavlyuchenko and Darren Bent in the off-season. (News of the World)

West Ham are stalking FC Schalke striker Kevin Kuranyi. (News of the World)

Argentine midfielder Javier Pastores, 19, has turned down an £8.8m move to Manchester United from his club Huracan because he believes he would not get enough first-team action. (PA)

Celtic midfielder Shunsuke Nakamura will return to Japan at the season after considering one more year in Glasgow. (Sunday Mail)

St Mirren's Andy Dorman has shot to the top of Rangers manager Walter Smith's summer shopping list, with a £700,000 bid being prepared for when the transfer window opens. (News of the World)

Wigan are on the verge of securing the services of Middlesbrough defender Matthew Bates. (Daily Mirror)

Caporegime
Ronaldo will stay this summer.

You can quote me.

it seems fairly likely, he's said so, he said so last year, he's said so for years. The only person saying otherwise is Calderon and he's been saying Ronaldo will move to Real for years, and has clearly been lying through his teeth. Despite him lying year after year, about not just Ronaldo but many players Real Madrid will "certainly sign" in the summer people still give his nonsense traction in the press, its getting just a little tiresome that people can be so stupid.

Real Madrid 5 years ago might have been a big draw, right now they have a team thats simply incapable of winning the CL, hell, maybe not capable of winning ht uefa cup, are unlikely to win their own league and have an ever weakening squad. If Barca came calling I could see Ronaldo going there, maybe, but Real, with their current team would be a step down.

Soldato
I wonder what Premiership clubs will be interested in Tevez. I'm sure Liverpool fans can't wait until the summer when Voronin comes back. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Offload a bits at MU this year hopefully, I don't THINK we need to bring anyone in, apart from maybe a proven left winger, but even then I highly doubt it.

Don't believe with need strikers, Campbell coming back and Manucho, Macheda looking good, Rooney fine, Berba still there even though a glum sod.
Just hopefully injury bug doesnt hit us, perhaps a few more players like O'Shea, can play anywhere as back up.

Soldato
I wonder what Premiership clubs will be interested in Tevez.

West Ham might have him back :p.

No doubt the Roque rumours will start up again soon, however I can only seen Man City buying him. The release clause comes in to effect this summer (in the region of 18 mil) so we should be able to get the amount City offered in January. Given his almost constant injuries though i'd have taken the offer back then. We could have got someone else in and maybe have avoided this striking crisis we have at the minute.

Soldato
Offload a bits at MU this year hopefully, I don't THINK we need to bring anyone in, apart from maybe a proven left winger, but even then I highly doubt it.

Don't believe with need strikers, Campbell coming back and Manucho, Macheda looking good, Rooney fine, Berba still there even though a glum sod.
Just hopefully injury bug doesnt hit us, perhaps a few more players like O'Shea, can play anywhere as back up.

I'd be surprised if anyone was signed this summer. Two midfielders were signed in January, a left winger and the other is an attacking central midfielder. Both fellow countrymen of Vidic. No doubt rumours about a possible move for Benzema will resurface, I don't think he'll ever sign for us but I'd be happily proven wrong if it happens. It seems quite clear that Tevez will be moving on after this season, I don't really see anyone being sold unless it's a youngster, and then we'll have the usual loaning out of young talent.

Permabanned
Villa are the latest in a long line of people wanting Delph.

Do you reckon they can keep hold of him? from what I have seen he seems a decent lad not the type to just up sticks and go.

Are Leeds anywhere near being promoted this season?

Back
Top Bottom