Summer Transfer Window 2021/2022

Soldato
Exactly, so when fans inevitably complain when we are outplayed and beaten by Norwich because "we need a DM" they deserve a slap. We have easily one of the best squads in the league and against most teams one of our players cost more than their whole team.

Bizarre how people watch us lose to very limited teams and blame it on a gap in the team when the team that beat us has gaps in quality in 8 positions on the pitch and works with a budget 1/20th of ours.

Well actually we dont have any top quality CM at all, and the only partnership that even remotely works is the same as any other team playing with 10 men

Pogba has never worked as the No 8 for Utd regularly enough, and everyone in the world knows if you can get behind him you can relatively easily get into the penalty box

You seem to be suggesting CM isnt that important when actually its one of the main reasons why our attack is so disjointed most of the time and so sluggish.

We rarely go from one side of the pitch to the other directly, always via the defence by which time the opposing defence have re-organised.

On his day McTominay can be half decent, but he should really only be a squad player and Fred really shouldnt be at the club at all. The only reason Pogba is still here is because no one can afford him (and he will be so much cheaper next summer - from the price of the whole deal point of view).

Matic's legs left him what....2 seasons ago, maybe 3 - he is probably ok for one in every 4 or 5 games?

You can have the best quality bacon and cheese etc but if you use a bad egg to make the omelette.........

I cant imagine the uproar that would have been caused by CR7 actually signing for City (if it was really ever likely), and obviously his wages are extreme but if that scuppered any hope of a CM addition that decision was completely stupid from who ever made it.

So annoyed that Chelsea signed Saul on loan - he would have been a massive upgrade on anyone we currently have and the loan fee is peanuts (and supposedly even then the money AM were looking for the outright purchase next summer was very reasonable ~£40m or so)

Soldato
Man Utd never planned midfield signing - and it could stop them battling for title - Daily Star

Not sure I believe this - even with Saul rumours coming from his agent - I know Camavinga and Neves were looked at extensively leading up to the summer (although the former was never intended to be a starter in 21/22)
Just annoys me if they don't get one in as they've done some great work this window and are missing the final piece to link it all together. We can't expect to challenge with Fred, a geriatric and McSauce, and I think Ole has forgotten all about VdB now.

Man of Honour
McFred vs Xhaka and partey?

which two is better?
It's not which "two" is better because the Arsenal pairing is only 1.8 players on average when you take Xhaka's red cards and suspensions into consideration.
Notwithstanding the correct double-pivot pairing would be Torreira and Partey in any case but sadly the former has yet again been loaned out.

Back
Top Bottom