Summer Transfer Window 2021/2022

Caporegime
A lot has been said about our transfer policy since SAF but I have been mighty impressed with everything we have signed since Ole has took over.

If someone had said a couple of months ago we would have had Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo I wouldn't have believed them.

Obviously there are question marks about CDM but we have strengthed a lot compared to City and Chelsea. Liverpool have brought no one in of note.

We even made a profit on Daniel James and lots of academy players out on loan which could give us some money back if they are successful.

Man of Honour
Do football writers have no shame?

Jonathan Wilson wrote this about Ronaldo: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ust-what-is-that-manchester-united-see-in-him

Yet 2 months ago wrote this: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-not-have-the-look-of-a-man-whose-race-is-run

-

Performances will ultimately decide things, but I don't think anyone can argue against Ronaldo's quality, even at his age. I think our team will suit him down to the ground - relying on individual brilliance for the most part.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Thats largely the nature of journalism these days. Quantity over quality and controversy over balanced reporting.

Its a numbers game and they know that articles like the above will generate clicks.

Associate
Yeah I hear this on the radio all the time. Last year Talk sport at the start of the season when City didn't start well. It was all the loss of Arteta going and he did more at City than people knew. 3 months later Arteta was out of his depth and pep was a genius.

Durham on Talksport had about 12 teams he thought would be in the top 4. I cannot stand to listen to the guy anymore. They rarely get held to account.

Don
It's not just him, it's all of TalkSport. The whole idea is to get some obnoxious presenters and failed players to bait people to phone in.

Don
Dan James was sold just to give Ronaldo the number 7 shirt. Ole now has to ride a bike to training because Ronaldo wanted his parking space too. The real test will come when Ronaldo tries to take Luke Shaw's seat in the canteen.

Caporegime
Talk Sport is purely to banter the listeners and people ringing in. I do find it easy listening however. Especially when they were winding up the caller about Liverpool's lack of signings.

It is nice that Ronaldo has the 7 back but remember that it was the legend of United's 7 that started it all in the first place and the reason he took it.

Caporegime
He was never going to wear anything else despite what 'journalists' claimed. It was in everyone's interest for him to wear 7. Cavani gets to wear his national number too which worked out nicely.

fez

fez

Caporegime
They rarely get held to account.
Dan James was sold just to give Ronaldo the number 7 shirt. Ole now has to ride a bike to training because Ronaldo wanted his parking space too. The real test will come when Ronaldo tries to take Luke Shaw's seat in the canteen.

Asking the real questions Baz. I did think Shaw was looking solid last night so maybe that would be a good thing. Maybe Shaw just needs to get a bigger shirt.

Back
Top Bottom