Summer Transfer Window 22/23

Caporegime
Might as well start this as the Jan thread is redundant now.

Not happy to see us linked with Rashford this morning. Think he had his best years between the ages of 18-22, he seems on a downward spiral now and I wouldn’t put him in front of Martinelli, ESR or Saka.

If you ask me, he’s about Villa or Palace levels

Caporegime
OP
Not a transfer per-se but apparently PSG are offering Mbappe £150m signing on fee and £21/year salary to stay for another 2 years. He would be mad to turn that down if its true. RM won't offer him 1/3 of that and he can go there in another 2 years if he wants to.
£21 a year seems a bit stingy to me

Caporegime
OP
On that list, I would love to see Newcastle go after James Tarkowski, Divock Origi, Jesse Lingard, Boubacar Kamara and Joao Moutinho, with 2 cheeky conversations with Paulo Dybala and Alexandre Lacazette. If we could sign 4 of those I think that would give us a solid foundation to become a top 10 side.
You really don’t want Lacazette believe me. It’s like watching an old man trudge around the pitch. He’s way past his best.

Caporegime
OP
So be it. To be honest id simply stop supporting my club. If people want to get behind that kind of regime then that's up to them but it isnt for me. City is absolutely soulless.
Sorry but I call BS on that. If it was a choice between controversial owners and Liverpool completely disappearing, you’d go for the dodgy owners.

Caporegime
OP
I really hope we don’t dither and dally this summer. It’s so stupid not having your new signings for the first games or not giving them enough time to gel in before the competitive stuff starts, but we never learn our lesson.

Caporegime
OP
Tottenham apparently signing Perisic. Weird one IMO. Hes 33 and usually plays on the left I thought.

Good player and a shame he didn't come to the PL a few years ago but not sure about that one.

Worked with Conte before though and fits the profile of a "results now" signing for Conte.
I agree it’s an odd one too. coming from the much slower Serie A to the prem at 33 could be too much for him.

Ronaldo did it, but he’s done it before in the prem, so knew what to expect. Can’t see it working tbh.

Caporegime
OP
Expect to see anyone Klopp's praised to be linked in the next week or so..
It happened a short while back with Martinelli. Klopp praised him up during a post match interview and for a few days after the papers were full of stories about him going to Liverpool. Ridiculous the way the media just seize on silly things for a story.

Caporegime
OP
I would be amazed if RM want Jesus. They have Benzema who is in the form of his life and could get far better strikers than Jesus if they wanted. Doesn't necessarily make sense to go to Spurs either as they have Kane. I assumed he wanted to leave City to be the main striker somewhere. Arsenal fits that and is about his level.
Who can they get?

Haalands gone, Mbappe is staying, Lewa is 35 years old, and Benzema is already 34 himself.

Caporegime
OP
He's out of contract. Team should be this:

..................Ramsdale
Tomiyasu....White...Gabriel....Tierney
............Partey.....Torreira
....Saka.....Odegaard....Smith-Rowe
.................Martinelli

However I suspect Torreira won't get a look in, it will be Xhaka there.
I’m quietly confident that we’ll get Jesus. Just a fee to agree and it’s pretty close.

If we do though, we’ll have to play Elneny as there’s no way we’ll lose with Jesus and Mohammed in the same side

Back
Top Bottom