Summer Transfer Window 22/23

Caporegime
OP
If jesus wants to play out wide then id be happy to have martinelli in the middle as i wanted arteta to try him through the middle last season

Martinelli/saka/jesus/nketiah/raphinha theres stacks of options to mix and match any of those 3 from game to game
You forgot ESR.

Anyway, bit surprised at the news that Ziyech is likely to leave Chelsea, probably for AC Milan. Thought he was easily one of Chelsea’s better performers last season.

Oh, and Bale to Los Angeles FC is pretty much done.

Last edited:
Soldato
This De Jong transfer is bizarre IMO, a massive fee and massive wages, likely to be 300K a year, for a player who DOES NOT want to play for the club, and on top of that Barcelona have got Man Utd dangling on a string like a love-sick puppy, and have done for 2 months.

It is ridiculous, can you imagine LFC or MCFC with Klopp and Pep in this situation? Nope - they'd have took FDJ's reluctance as face value, and decided it wasn't worth it, and moved on after a week and signed someone else.

Soldato
This De Jong transfer is bizarre IMO, a massive fee and massive wages, likely to be 300K a year, for a player who DOES NOT want to play for the club, and on top of that Barcelona have got Man Utd dangling on a string like a love-sick puppy, and have done for 2 months.

It is ridiculous, can you imagine LFC or MCFC with Klopp and Pep in this situation? Nope - they'd have took FDJ's reluctance as face value, and decided it wasn't worth it, and moved on after a week and signed someone else.

bargain if he's 300k a year!

Caporegime

Because it worked so well when Sanchez signed from Arsenal for the money, not because he wanted to play for them. Di Maria too.

Man of Honour
The problem here is that lots has been written about De Jong - much of it pure speculation. Reports from good sources have been minimal.

I agree we shouldn't be chasing a player who doesn't want to play for us, but that's probably not the case. I suspect he likes Barca, but he probably also likes the thought of playing under Ten Hag again/more money/etc.

In todays edition of things that will never happen

This is interesting, can't see it happening though. The new Chelsea owners are probably just trying to throw their weight around a bit.

fez

fez

Caporegime
if I had the choice between Barcelona and anywhere in the UK I would be on the easyJet website in an instant.

Only thing that would keep me here is money and perhaps the chance of trophies.

On the topic of Frenkie, I think he would prefer to stay in Barca but if they are happy to sell him I think he will be happy enough to come here. Not his first choice but I would wager the PL isn’t many players first choice if they could play anywhere.

Soldato
if I had the choice between Barcelona and anywhere in the UK I would be on the easyJet website in an instant.

Only thing that would keep me here is money and perhaps the chance of trophies.

On the topic of Frenkie, I think he would prefer to stay in Barca but if they are happy to sell him I think he will be happy enough to come here. Not his first choice but I would wager the PL isn’t many players first choice if they could play anywhere.

I think youd be very much coming into the unknown signing for United right now to be honest. If he is available like United seem to think why is no one else after him?

Soldato
I think youd be very much coming into the unknown signing for United right now to be honest. If he is available like United seem to think why is no one else after him?

That's a good point, he's had some amazing performances for Netherlands lately too. one of the best around atm. I thought city may of been in for him given they are shifting ferdandinho and gundogan on.

Soldato
It’s quite clear where he wants to go. If Barca could get the money together, he’d stick two fingers up at us and be on the plane like a shot
i understand that but if barca cant put things together it doesnt mean that he then doesnt want to play at arsenal does it

Playing alongside jesus who he plays with for brazil can only help his quest for brazil world cup squad

Soldato
Raphinia might be using Arsenal to finally smoke Barcelona out, I think that's where he wants to go, but he'll take Arsenal as a 2nd destination IMO. Wages etc has been done with Barca for weeks.

Barca aren't in a rush to do anything it seems as they're having too much fun tormemting Man U fans.

:D

Don
Raphinia might be using Arsenal to finally smoke Barcelona out, I think that's where he wants to go, but he'll take Arsenal as a 2nd destination IMO. Wages etc has been done with Barca for weeks.

Barca aren't in a rush to do anything it seems as they're having too much fun tormemting Man U fans.

:D
Barca aren't in a rush because they have no money to buy him or anybody and Utd aren't in a rush re de Jong because they know Barca have no money.

Back
Top Bottom