Summer Transfer Window 22/23

Don
Presumably the deal is done however the international transfer window doesn't open until July so he officially won't be a Newcastle player until then.

Soldato
Presumably the deal is done however the international transfer window doesn't open until July so he officially won't be a Newcastle player until then.
if thats the case you'd of thought they would have waited before unveiling him with a newcastle shirt etc

Don
if thats the case you'd of thought they would have waited before unveiling him with a newcastle shirt etc
Why? It's literally no different to Liverpool signing Nunez or City signing Haaland. You can sign all the paperwork but the players registration cannot be transferred until that date.

Soldato
Why? It's literally no different to Liverpool signing Nunez or City signing Haaland. You can sign all the paperwork but the players registration cannot be transferred until that date.
so why werent they announced as deals in principle when this botman deal is?? just seems strange to me

Don
I have no idea why Newcastle have worded their announcement like that. I cannot imagine they would announce a signing unless the deal was signed and sealed and I can only think that it relates to the transfer of his registration.

Don
The statement says he's completed his medical and agreed his contract. Other than the transfer of his registration the only other small piece of paperwork that could still be outstanding is a work permit.

Consigliere
Oh, just scrolled up. What? Signed a LB??

So we desperately need a DMF, striker, CB, RB. But we sign a LB? I appreciate we ideally need to change the whole squad but starting with the LB? Again, I appreciate you can only get players when they're available but still, a LB? Shouldn't we be focusing elsewhere? Even if they're not world beaters, just better than what we have.

It is probably due to the fact this deal was sealed faster than others. It doesn't mean Man Utd are not focusing on other positions.

You and I have zero idea about what is happening behind the scenes.

Soldato
It is probably due to the fact this deal was sealed faster than others. It doesn't mean Man Utd are not focusing on other positions.

You and I have zero idea about what is happening behind the scenes.

It doesn't seem like many people have a clue about what's going on, including those behind the scenes.

I can't be the only one chuckling at the fact we have 4 players to play in the position?

@fez maybe it's a 3 LB setup :D

Man of Honour
It doesn't seem like many people have a clue about what's going on, including those behind the scenes.

I can't be the only one chuckling at the fact we have 4 players to play in the position?

You need to remember there have been a lot of changes at the club, this is really their first crack at a transfer window and preseason post-Woodward.

I think you are being overly critical at this stage, and I say that as someone who is also critical of the clubs general dealings. The past few years have been awful.

Most people will agree our squad can be improved in a lot of areas. If we're able to secure a top target in literally any position then I think the club will try and do it. Malacia has cost around £15m - peanuts by today's standards, he looks very promising and has decent experience already.

Soldato
You need to remember there have been a lot of changes at the club, this is really their first crack at a transfer window and preseason post-Woodward.

I think you are being overly critical at this stage, and I say that as someone who is also critical of the clubs general dealings. The past few years have been awful.

Most people will agree our squad can be improved in a lot of areas. If we're able to secure a top target in literally any position then I think the club will try and do it. Malacia has cost around £15m - peanuts by today's standards, he looks very promising and has decent experience already.

Is a £15m player really an upgrade? That speaks volumes if true. It'll be interesting to see how these Dutch players adapt to the EPL. Depay, anyone?

I'll happily admit to being overly critical. More than happy to be proven wrong. Nothing so far suggests any reason to not be overly critical.

Man of Honour
Is a £15m player really an upgrade? That speaks volumes if true. It'll be interesting to see how these Dutch players adapt to the EPL. Depay, anyone?

I'll happily admit to being overly critical. More than happy to be proven wrong. Nothing so far suggests any reason to not be overly critical.

Who knows, value doesn't necessarily dictate how good a player may or may not be. Look at Wan-Bissaka in a similar position.

It's a case of getting the squad mentality right, the tactics right, and then things will fall into place. Getting Ten Hag's primary targets in is crucial to give that springboard - so far that seems to be going OK.

Permabanned

There have been countless players from the Dutch league that have done really well.

Consigliere

:p Well true however yeah, they are going through perhaps the biggest shift in structure/change.

I suspect Williams and Telles will go. Perhaps Shaw too!

Youth players will be promoted too.

Back
Top Bottom