Summer Transfer Window 22/23

Soldato
Djed Spence fee reportedly agreed with Boro in the region of £20m on his way to spurs. That seems like a lot of money, has potential but he's really rough round the edges.

Is it a lot of money though nowadays?

Seems like everyone's confirming Nunez to Liverpool but the clubs.

This fella owns Almeria who are due a chunk of money if Nunez moves.

I hope im wrong but i'm still very much on the fence with this one. Someone showed me a compilation as if im supposed to be impressed and one goal his touch took it 10 yards in front of him and he still got a shot off in the box.

£65mil is a lot of money.

Last edited:
Don
Nunez to miss Uruguay's game and travel to Liverpool for his medical tomorrow according to some Uruguayan journo.

Why do football transfers grip you like this :o I've barely seen the kid kick a ball and I'm checking twitter at this time for updates from random South American journalists.

Associate
Djed Spence fee reportedly agreed with Boro in the region of £20m on his way to spurs. That seems like a lot of money, has potential but he's really rough round the edges.

If that is what we get for Djed I think we have done brilliantly, released by Fulham, we get him on a free and apparently has an attitude problem. Fair play he has went to Forest and done well, but from what I saw of him at Boro he is not EPL standard. Definitely has potential, but I get the impression if he doesnt get game time he wants he could spit his dummy out. We have Jones in that position who is better going forward than Djed but again there's talk of Prem teams sniffing around him, and there's no way he is Prem standard either.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Nunez to miss Uruguay's game and travel to Liverpool for his medical tomorrow according to some Uruguayan journo.

Why do football transfers grip you like this :o I've barely seen the kid kick a ball and I'm checking twitter at this time for updates from random South American journalists.

There is a inner muppet in all of us.

Permabanned

Having perused YouTube I am now convinced he will score 30-40 a season for us.

Don
€75m up front, €15m in appearance based add-ons and a further €10m based on individual and team success is what's been briefed to all the Liverpool journo's.

I had a sneaking suspicion that we might do something a bit different this summer. Given the fairly unique way we've played for the past 5 years and the quality of Mane, Salah & Firmino, it was always going to be a huge challenge to replace them like for like and carry on playing the same way. It's going to be fascinating to see exactly how we set-up next season because I'm not sure we can play a 4-3-3, as we have been playing it, and get the best out of both Nunez and Salah. Everything I've seen and read about Nunez says he doesn't and more importantly, he can't play the same way Firmino does so if he's playing as a more traditional number 9, how do you get the best out of Salah who has thrived off making diagonal runs into the space Firmino or Jota create? I wonder if we might end up seeing Salah playing a bit narrower on the right, almost like he played with Roma, just off of Dzeko. We fiddled about with our midfield and Trent at the start of last season that might also allow for this with Elliott (or even Henderson) playing as the right sided central midfielder but in possession they almost became a right midfielder.

edit: and looking back at Klopp's comments after the Benfica CL tie, we should have known we were after him. He was one step away from divorcing his wife and declaring his love for Nunez in the middle of his press-conference.

Don
Leeds close to signing another CM in Marc Roca from Bayern Munich for around 12m. Apparently he was class at Espanyol hence Bayern buying him but hasn’t worked out there. As long as it’s not a replacement then another productive signing.

Back
Top Bottom