Summer Transfer Window 22/23

Don
I'd question whether £40m is actually being paid up front - where's that come from? It might be £40m guaranteed, with £5m in add-ons but that guaranteed fee will likely be paid in installments.

Don
I'd question whether £40m is actually being paid up front - where's that come from? It might be £40m guaranteed, with £5m in add-ons but that guaranteed fee will likely be paid in installments.

Tbf the reason Raphinha isn’t a Barca player right now is down to us not wanting instalments and cash up front, no reason why we wouldn’t ask the same for KP.

Don
Tbf the reason Raphinha isn’t a Barca player right now is down to us not wanting instalments and cash up front, no reason why we wouldn’t ask the same for KP.
I'd suspect the main reason for demanding money up front from Barca is because they haven't got a pot to **** in and you want to make sure you're getting paid. Bayern too have reportedly insisted on cash up front for any deal for Lewa.

Don
They’re probably gonna have £50m from us for Jesus very shortly
Which again will almost certainly not be paid in one go. As of their last set of accounts, Arsenal owe over £130m in installments to other clubs for old transfers.

It's incredibly rare for clubs to pay 100% of a transfer fee in one go. As of the time of Arsenal's accounts being published, 14 of the 20 PL clubs owed other clubs over £50m with 6 clubs owing over £100m.

Man of Honour
I don’t think KP leaving is that big a deal for Leeds. He’s injury prone and has been inconsistent more recently.

He’ll just be a squad player at City.

Caporegime
OP
Which again will almost certainly not be paid in one go. As of their last set of accounts, Arsenal owe over £130m in installments to other clubs for old transfers.

It's incredibly rare for clubs to pay 100% of a transfer fee in one go. As of the time of Arsenal's accounts being published, 14 of the 20 PL clubs owed other clubs over £50m with 6 clubs owing over £100m.
Out of all the clubs willing to pay upfront though, wouldn’t City be top of the list?

Don
Out of all the clubs willing to pay upfront though, wouldn’t City be top of the list?
In theory, yes City's owners could provide interest free loans allowing them to purchase players in one lump sum however they're not doing that, at least not all the time. City owe other clubs over £100m on past transfers.

As I said, the vast majority of transfers involve payments made in installments and you have to remember clubs will also be receiving installments on previous sales too. Most clubs will balance this so they don't owe much more than they're owed (if not are owed more than they owe) however there are a few exceptions - Arsenal and Spurs owe far more than they're owed, £100m and £150m more in fact.

Soldato
Just checked his stats, only hit more than 10 premier league goals twice and never more than 15. You'd want a bit more from a 50 mil player really. Auba hit 20+ a few times in an awful team. I'm not feeling it to be honest.

Soldato
Just checked his stats, only hit more than 10 premier league goals twice and never more than 15. You'd want a bit more from a 50 mil player really. Auba hit 20+ a few times in an awful team. I'm not feeling it to be honest.

Yeah, he puts the graft in, but doesn't hit the target enough for 50 mill.

Back
Top Bottom