Summer weather thread 2024

Associate
Managed an hours walk with the dog in the gap between showers. Fresh and breezy about 12°C so I didn't sweat until I got into the house.

Associate
Managed an hours walk with the dog in the gap between showers. Fresh and breezy about 12°C so I didn't sweat until I got into the house.

I don't think I've sweat once in the last 2 weeks. But then again, I only tend to sweat during summer. :D

Associate
I don't think I've sweat once in the last 2 weeks. But then again, I only tend to sweat during summer. :D
It's the keeping up with the dog when he's walking fast that starts it off, I'm fine in this weather when he's just sniffing at everthing :D

Soldato
I had a work thing about 100 miles away, wasn't raining yesterday morning, checked weather, like 30% here, then dry, then 40% chance a little later, similar for this morning.

So thought, ok that's not too bad, I'll risk the motorcycle, might get a bit of drizzle or a short shower here and there, no big deal.

What actually happened is by the time I'd got about 30 miles down, biblical rain for the next 24 hours.

I came home about and hour ago, soaked to the pants, water in boots, freezing, the colour of my knees were a shade of dark purple id never seen before.

FFS.

Soldato
I had a work thing about 100 miles away, wasn't raining yesterday morning, checked weather, like 30% here, then dry, then 40% chance a little later, similar for this morning.

So thought, ok that's not too bad, I'll risk the motorcycle, might get a bit of drizzle or a short shower here and there, no big deal.

What actually happened is by the time I'd got about 30 miles down, biblical rain for the next 24 hours.

I came home about and hour ago, soaked to the pants, water in boots, freezing, the colour of my knees were a shade of dark purple id never seen before.

FFS.
Send some of it down this way would you could do with a bit of that here water butts are in dire need of refilling!

Soldato
Beautiful sunny day yesterday. Got all the hedging trimmed (cut through the cable again, it was 10m when I got it and is now about 3.5m). Today we are expecting rain until mid-afternoon then sunshine. If I can squeeze cutting the lawn in before it starts raining then I can weed later on in the sunshine. Got to squeeze a walk in too.

Caporegime

FFS.

I can't remember the forecasting ever being this bad. Even the day before /morning of the day can be crazily off.

Back
Top Bottom