Summer weather thread 2024

Man of Honour
What are two Bob bits?!

Another grey and drizzly day here.

It's warm ish but it's getting ridiculous now.
Wow it shows my age when people don't know what two bob means. The literal explanation is old coinage as explained by @something daft already!! But in this context it was meant to mean diarrhea, as it's cockney rhyming slang.

Two bob bits. *****.

Last edited:
Associate
Pretty sure I got enough of it today , even though the sun was mostly behind the clouds could feel the sun's warmth

I don't track if I have enough sun etc and seem to do fine don't feel any different between the seasons health wise I always believe the body can adapt it's an amazing machine, exercise + good whole foods are the main things for good health

I thought I was fine until a blood test showed that I wasn't.

Your body will not adapt to a lack of uvb and foods will never be a replacement for it.

Anyways, this is going off on too much of a tangent. Weather is crap, this summer is crap. The only people enjoying it are those who simply don't like the summer season. :p

Soldato
I thought I was fine until a blood test showed that I wasn't.

Your body will not adapt to a lack of uvb and foods will never be a replacement for it.

Anyways, this is going off on too much of a tangent. Weather is crap, this summer is crap. The only people enjoying it are those who simply don't like the summer season. :p

Think you are over thinking it are you noting down how much sun you are getting per day ? :cry:, I thought I felt fine ?

Pretty sure it's not raining 24/7 you don't need the sun full beaming down on you for long period to get it's benefits need only like 15-20 mins per day that's way easier than exercising and good diet

full-spectrum sunlight still exists beyond the clouds shouldn't be an issue unless you locked inside

Last edited:
Associate
Think you are over thinking it are you noting down how much sun you are getting per day ? :cry:, I thought I felt fine ?

Pretty sure it's not raining 24/7 you don't need the sun full beaming down on you to get it's benefits and need only like 15-20 mins per day

full-spectrum sunlight still exists beyond the clouds.

You seem to be arguing against an stance I never made. Simply pointed out that I wouldn't be shocked if vitamin d deficiencies are higher than usual this year. You brought food into the equation and I simply remarked that food is a poor substitute for sun. You seem to feel the need to get a 'win' here while doing a decent amount of projecting. So congrats I guess?

Soldato
Nice walking weather today, 5 hrs but nothing too strenuous

Screenshot-2024-07-14-13-52-20-07-99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Soldato
And for todays instalment of weird UK weather, we are now having a mini heat wave on the north coast. Well in between the cloud and cold breeze. Weather be cray cray

Back
Top Bottom