Sumvision Cyclone Voyager 10

Associate
I have seen a few comments RE the Sumvision Cyclone Voyager 10 on a few other threads but didn't want to divert their prime purpose.

A number of comments have suggested a problem with half the screen stopping responding?

I am just wondering how that's going, and if there are any other comments on this tablet, because spec wise it looks pretty good for the money...

Also how comfortable would it be to hold for reading books - I have an old Kindle Keyboard and I am thinking of getting something to replace that but be useful for much more too (Kindle Fire HD sees a bit restrictive in app terms).

Associate
The one I got for my son did initially have the screen half responding issue on and off for two days (24th & 25th) though i'm happy to report that it has performed faultlessly since.

He is more than made up with it for browsing, gaming (mainly minecraft, temple run & Bike racer) and streaming videos. It gets used for extended periods of time so if it was to be an overheating issue causing the screen to stop responding then it would definatley still be present.

Cant comment on book reading though I reckon it'll give you arm ache pretty bad. I've got a Kindle keyboard too, dont believe there is much else to touch them e-reader wise.

Associate
I have the same problem with the keyboard, but searching the web it looks like a problem with the 4.1.1 version of Android as there a re people reporting it with other tablets, including the Nexus. Some suggestion that 4.2.2 cures it. It is irritating, but not a disaster for a tablet as restart is so quick. I suppose it would be a problem for gaming, but I don't do that.

Back
Top Bottom