1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunglasses - for your optical delight

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RedvGreen, Apr 10, 2019.

1. RedvGreen

Mobster

It is about that time when I need to renew my sunglasses. My previous pair - Oakley Bottlecaps - have served me well for around 12yrs, but they are worn, scratched and have taken a hammering. In this period, Oakley have since stopped making them.

My question is, does anyone know of a similar style of shades that they could recommend?

Due to my face/head, these styles are the only glasses that actually suit me!

2. NoobCannon

Mobster

3. tom_e

Man of Honour

Take a look at Wiley X they do some similar styles.

4. Pawnless Endgame

Capodecina

Anyone got any recommendations for the darkest (i.e. lets the least light in) sunglasses? Probably not looking to spend over £30. The ones in Sainsbury's are £16-£20ish.

5. InvaderGIR

Capodecina

Do you actually want to cut down on the amount of light entering your eyes or the glare? I always go for polarised along with UV protection and find that while some of the ones I've owned aren't dark, decent polarising glasses really cut down on glare and the overall 'brightness' of light/reflective surfaces as my eyes are sensitive to glare.

6. Fluffybob

Gangster

I have the Oakley Flak Jackets, they are excellent with the XLJ polarised lenses

7. d_brennen

Capodecina

:p :D

Also on the market for sunglasses. Not aviator style or those abominations above :D

8. Pyr0m@nI@]{

Hitman

I like Serengeti, but they're not cheap. Polarised, photochromic.
    Had 2 pairs so far and the quality has been way above the RayBans I had previously

9. bazzabear

Wise Guy

If it's only the lenses which are knackered, you could get replacements and keep your frames.

10. thegreysquirrel

Gangster

Personally I hate how sports/wraparound sunglasses look when not worn in a sports context. I much prefer some aviators or wayfarers but each to their own.

11. Clav

Wise Guy

I got some Duco sunglasses for a holiday last year, wanted a reasonably priced pair that I didn't mind getting a bit beaten up. They look like the oakleys from a quick google and come in various lens colours. Very happy with them, got the ones in the link and some aviator style ones. Sturdy build quality and the polarisation really helped with glare which I am susceptible to.

e: removed link, not sure if allowed. Duco driving style sunglasses off of Amazon

12. Burned_Alive

Capodecina

Oakley Half Jacket

13. tom_e

Man of Honour

As ocuk don't sell shades the link would be fine

14. roadie

Mobster

I'm happy with Polaroid sunglasses. Decent designs and polarised lenses for not a lot of money.

15. Nitefly

Man of Honour

I really recommend the polarised prizm sunglasses from Oakley. Really very good indeed with your prescription in them. I prefer them to my normal glasses.

Got me some Holbrook XLs with the wood frames. Look awesome, everything looks better than my standard glasses due to the prizm contrast. Just awesome. Expensive though.

RX sport is the website I used.