SupCom2 and steam

Soldato
hey all

Just brought SupCom2 retail and its being a right pain in the backside. I've never have liked steam but i didnt know this game is tied to the steam system.

Anyway i've installed the game which was 2.2gb and wants me to download a further 2gb before i can even run or play the damn game! :mad:

I dont want the update so is there anyway to just play it without the updates? It wouldnt be a problem except i use vodafone mobile broadband and only get 3gb a month limit. Tried steam offline mode and it just says the game isnt ready to be played.

help? :(

Soldato
Pretty sure that 2Gb is a patch. Because of the awful patching system SE implimented in the game essentially means that you have to redownload extremely large files to make small changes.

Also, what dragonwolf said, the original+expansion were so much better.

Soldato
Pretty sure that 2Gb is a patch. Because of the awful patching system SE implimented in the game essentially means that you have to redownload extremely large files to make small changes.

Also, what dragonwolf said, the original+expansion were so much better.

Indeed, i'm playing it through now (i highly doubt this pc could manage SupCom but SupCom2 is fine) and the shear unbalance of Gunships is just irritating. The variety to the game was completely lost what with basically everything being the same tier and Experimentals being so pathetic weak (because Gunships tear everything to shreds, including them). Not to mention the whole Research thing is rather lame.

Back
Top Bottom