Super Flower Leadex PSUs - what happened?

Associate
Anyone know what happened to super flower leadex psu's as I can't seem to get hold of one?!
I'm looking for a 850w or 1kw psu.

Thanks.

Soldato
They were 100 last time I checked but now gone up to 125ish.

Tbh it seems steep given what the unit is, Corsair used to outsource to CWT for it's entire RM series (RM/RMX/RME) last I checked but I think they've changed to a different OEM for the RME.

It's the cheaper end of the RM line, so probably a worse fan and caps. It also has a 7 year warranty vs 10 for the likes of the RMX or Shift.

It should be absolutely fine, but if I was spending £125 on a PSU I'd not want it to be a lower tier unit for the range. You can pick up a 850W Shift for around the £120-130 mark, assuming your case can handle the side loaded PSU connectors.

Alternatively the MSI MPG A850G can be had for £110, which while not the best should be on a similar level to the RMe, I think CWT might be the OEM for it too but don't quote me on that.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Tbh it seems steep given what the unit is, Corsair used to outsource to CWT for it's entire RM series (RM/RMX/RME) last I checked but I think they've changed to a different OEM for the RME.

It's the cheaper end of the RM line, so probably a worse fan and caps. It also has a 7 year warranty vs 10 for the likes of the RMX or Shift.

It should be absolutely fine, but if I was spending £125 on a PSU I'd not want it to be a lower tier unit for the range. You can pick up a 850W Shift for around the £120-130 mark, assuming your case can handle the side loaded PSU connectors.

Alternatively the MSI MPG A850G can be had for £110, which while not the best should be on a similar level to the RMe, I think CWT might be the OEM for it too but don't quote me on that.
Thanks.
Its a small case so the shift side ports not suitable. I wish corsair did it normally.
The corsair e seems like something to avoid?
The a850g only has 5 year warranty.

Any other suggestions?
Its for a 2nd rig. May go 1kw.
Needs to be atx3.

Soldato
I wouldn't say it's to be avoided, I just feel it's expensive at £125 given where it sits on the chain. It's still a quality PSU, I'd have no concerns over running one.

Back
Top Bottom