Superflower or Seasonic?

Associate
I'm thinking of making a final attempt to cure the coil whine on my Vega 64 with a new PSU.

I've heard that Superflower and Seasonic are the two best brands, so of the two, which is the least likely to cause coil whine?

I won't blame anyone if this doesn't help, after trying three other PSUs I'm 99% certain I'm out of luck!

Associate
OP
Changing the PSU is a long shot I know, and I'm also looking into changing the case. I've never had coil whine like it before and it's doing my head in. The GTX970 I had previously would whine when rendering hundreds of FPS at a menu screen, but never in game. This card whines whenever it's drawing more than idle power, and is louder the more power that its drawing, even if FPS are relatively low.

Anyway, the PSUs I've tried were a competitor branded 850w unit that couldn't even run the card in balanced mode, a Cooler Master Real Power Pro 850w and the Corsair RM850x that's in there at the moment.

With how crazy the prices of graphics cards have gotten I'm having a hard time accepting coil whine as a "feature".

Back
Top Bottom