US: Supergirl (Arrow/Flash team)

Soldato
This is clearly aimed at a female audience, it's trying to get them to watch superhero stuff. The Katy Perry/Taylor Swift-esque song at the end plus the Devil Wears Prada similarities pretty much confirm that for me.

Soldato
Will give it a go but it looks like Ugly Betty with superpowers. :(

Absolute nail on the head here, or Devils wears Prada in a cape. And i know a lot of people don't like to hear it, but she's just too plain and normal looking to be Supergirl. She has always been a very hot teenage blonde in a skimpy costume in every modern iteration and this one just looks like a geek girl cosplying in a well made but conservative costume made for a Christians that didn't want to be offend.

there are some elements of the trailer i like (SFX and action sequences) but it has a lot of bad elements from that failed Wonder Woman TV show they tried to do a few years back, and now Olson is a middle-aged 6.5ft musclely black guy? Seems like this show has been created by committee for women

Soldato
*sigh* - was only talking to a friend of mine the other day about the direction DC seem to be going... this looks tragic to me. I really hope they keep this separate from Arrow/Flash, they could certainly do without it!

DC seem to be making some odd decisions to me - what they've done to Arrow this last season is beyond me. At least Flash is still good for the time being.

Soldato
mmm seems a bit of an odd choice by DC. I really wish they had carried on with smallville, while I found it quite slow to begin with I found it really really good towards the end of the series. Shame they stopped doing anything Superman (apart from movies).

Soldato
Seems that DC have decided to go after kids with their TV shows, and grown-ups with their movies (ie angsty Superman and Batman). Marvel just decided to go after everyone with everything.

Soldato
I'll probably watch it for the sake of it but it seems kinda out of place. MoS, Arrow, Gotham and Flash are all pretty dark but this seems super light hearted.

Permabanned
mmm seems a bit of an odd choice by DC. I really wish they had carried on with smallville, while I found it quite slow to begin with I found it really really good towards the end of the series. Shame they stopped doing anything Superman (apart from movies).

Shame they didn't cast Laura Vandervoort from Smallville, her i could believe as Supergirl

m1SbaSS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom