Supernatural or Smallville.

Soldato
Supernatural. Its a bit more of an edgy and interesting show.

Smallville was good to a point but its very repetitive. The characters repeat the same sequence of events/emotions over and over.

Soldato
Smallville is a poor mans Buffy.
Nearly everything they do is stolen from that or other shows.
Characters don't grow and nothing is ever really resolved.
They also resort to nonsensical rubbish to keep characters like Lana and Lionel in the show.
The writers seem to think Chloe is veronica mars and give her the most annoying dialog you will ever hear.
Lastly, the whole "is he good or evil" dance they do with Lex got old after the first few years and perhaps epitomizes the greater problem of over doing an idea and not moving forward.

That being said, I still watch it because louise lane is hot. :)

Supernatural is a little shallow perhaps but is great fun.
It doesn't take itself too seriously and Dean is very funny.
Its by far the more enjoyable show.

Agreed, I still watch it but there's way too many fillers, there's so many better shows out there getting cancelled and this keeps going.

It's the same thing every ep.
Bad guy/mutant.... supes gets owned by kryptonite, get's saved by buddy x/y/z. Rinse Repeat.
:/

Associate
I loved smallville but for some reason I've never watched the new season.. think I have enough with Reaper/NCIS/House and the up and coming Heroes.

Not seen Supernatural TBH, Might give that a go this week.

Smallville is cool though, yes it doesn't even try and stick to the DC comic storyline but its just good fun. Chole just does it for me, shes sooo pretty. :D:D

Soldato
Both :p, they're both excellent.
Agreed, however Smallville's storylines lately have dropped in quality imo. The latter seasons have just bored me and even the current storyline is just too far fetched I find. I get the feeling the writers haven't a clue where the story is now going. It just seems to be all over the place.

Supernatural is superb and hopefully with the writers strike over it'll be on more often. I've always liked Supernatural, it's always reminded me of X-Files in some way and I think the chemistry between the two brothers is great. Groundhog Day eps f t w! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
They also resort to nonsensical rubbish to keep characters like Lana and Lionel in the show.

Lastly, the whole "is he good or evil" dance they do with Lex got old after the first few years and perhaps epitomizes the greater problem of over doing an idea and not moving forward.

Wrong and wrong again:D

Associate
Wrong and wrong again:D

Really? So is Lana...*spoiler alert*
[Highlight below]
A witch, a vampire slayer, a surveillance expert or an evil genius this week? And do you really still care about lex?
They have been teasing his turn to full out evil for 8 years!:eek:
[/Highlight]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom