Supplements the debate/discussion thread

Man of Honour
Glucosamine sulphate is pointless.

Save money and ditch it.

The only time glucosamine has been shown to have anything other than no effect is when it's taken with chondritin or whatever it's called. And even then, the results are inconsistent (I.e. some studies show no effect) or not statistically significant.

So it is most likely just the placebo effect, I'm afraid.

Doctors will recommend it for the same reason they recommend cough syrup to people with sore throats: the sense of ownership and being able to do something about an illness/affliction makes people feel better about it and more positive, despite doctors acknowledging cough syrup, etc. doing bum all.

Just start squatting with correct depth and form and watch your knee pain disappear. ;)

Man of Honour
OP
You also have to look into why you have joint pain - is it posture, or an over active muscle/tendon pulling your limbs out of alignment causing inflammations. If it's a genuine issue then perhaps you need to look into it more by a professional.

When I was playing a lot more sports I used to use a mixture of my regular fish oils, Cissus Quadrangularis, and CLA - but I'm not a proponent of taking lots of supps to mitigate pain/underlying issues, and fortunately was in a position where I have a bit of a better idea than most as to why/what I'm taking.

Man of Honour
Hmmmm...

Started up on OAKG last night (aiming for growth hormone spike through the night). LiE's tip about mixing it with squash was a good one - I didn't almost bring it back up this time.

It was funny - I had really bad residual leg DOMS yesterday, making going up and down the stairs last night quite an ordeal, but this morning, it had evaporated.

I'm not going to suggest the two are linked, but an interesting coincidence. Will see if this coincidence crops up again...

Associate
MyProtein.com are so utterly useless at cancelling orders.

Was pricing up my usual 2.5kg x 2 of chocolate flavoured Impact Whey Protein, and saw they had some offers on other proteins. Priced up 5kg's of Pea Protein Isolate and 4.8kgs of Total MRP. Both price ups worked out to be the same +- a few pennies so thought for almost double the whey i'd usually get this will be a good way of looking after the few pennies I have. (I have tried them and although they are not as enjoyable as my usual chocolate whey I can easily drink them in seconds and forget them.)

Any way ended up clicking order on the wrong one. Cancelled it within seconds of the order going through. Saw that the order cancellation was in process, so thought great I can order the other stuff. Checked my emails today to see that the buggers have charged me for both, and sent both out. Gave them a call and all I got was 'sorry we can't do anything now it's out for delivery'. Is there system not capable of receiving cancellations?

14.8kg of whey protein powder sitting in my front room when I get in. Not sure whether to send some back or mix it all in at 1kg each type and just try that as it will last me neigh on 15 + months. (about 296 shakes of 2 scoops a shake)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm still chasing them for a refund that was apparently processed on the 8th :o Only time I've had a problem with them in the 7 odd years I've been using them but don't think I'll bother again.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I've had a problem with Yodel with my current TPW order. I opened a ticket and got a response within an hour, looks like Yodel can't find the package. If they can't find it today, TPW are sending me another order today with Saturday delivery. This is why I use them, great service.

Note: I don't normally use Yodel, but it was free.

Man of Honour
Yodel are just ****ing ****. I hate them. I had something on next day from them, didn't even leave their depot on delivery day. Complained to ask if I could get the extra money I paid for the next day service back, no reply. Complained again, no reply. Awesome.

Soldato
When Hermes screwed me over in much the same way I phoned head office. It was amazing how quickly the situation was rectified.

These numbers were on HUKD, might be worth a call:

YODEL PHONE NUMBER 0151 477 2725
YODEL HEAD OFFICE 01514772725
YODEL COMPLAINTS 0151 477 2725
YODEL CUSTOMER SERVICES 0151 477 2725

Associate
Cheapest possible from a reputable (myprotein.com, bulkpowders.co.uk, Protein Works, etc.) source.

Creatine is creatine.

Better still? Just eat steak. Lots of steak.

Cool, I'll check it out thanks.

I could eat steak all day but would end up either broke or unlucky enough to get horse steak. Wonder how many grams of protein they have. :D

Back
Top Bottom