Surface replacement?

Associate
Hi all,
My 10+ year old Surface died on holidays, and need replacement.
Obviously doing my own investigation on options, but what is your opinion on this matter?

It is my secondary device, so not looking for top range devices for sure.
I was perfectly happy with what that 10+ y.o. Surface was giving me in under workloads I was putting in it.
MS Windows is mandatory, don't like idea of 2in1's due to fact that I am worried for keycaps when using it for my primary usecase below.

Usage: realistically 80+% of it will be book reading in bed, so tablet weight and dimensions are more important to me than performance.
Rest of usage will be running car diagnostic software in car from time to time and once a year Skype calls when on holidays.
That also implies battery life in range of 2-3 hours is perfectly acceptable.

I do not accept Lenovo's or any other chinese crap. Period.
I absolutely consider refurbished products and I would prefer something with more than HD resolution

Basically - looking for Surface, but not for a price of Surface. Or refurbished Surface from reputable source if your experience with refurbished devices are reasonably positive

Price - preferably well under 500 pounds, but that is just as pointer, I am able to spend more for device that I will be able to use for years to come.
Maybe you know of any 'bargain deals'?

Back
Top Bottom