Susspected Dead Motherboard

Associate
Hey guys, im suspecting that i have a dead motherboard after realizing my pc wouldn't start up. i cleared CMOS, Re-seated cpu, gpu, tried ram one stick at a time and then finally decided to test the PSU bridging the connection with a fan plugged in to see if it powers and it did. i had been away from my pc for about 8 months and dont know what happened to it but the plastic backing on one of the usb ports connections was somehow mysteriously missing. im sort of leaning toward the motherboard for that reason but cant find any signs of a short anywhere when i look so basically thought id ask here for suggestions because its been a while since ive worked on computers and was thinking i may be overlooking something basic, and if it sounds like it is clearly the motherboard could anyone suggest a decent priced z170 board that is still available?

Have you tried powering on the motherboard from the power switch jumper with a screwdriver, bypassing the power switch on your case to see if its faulty ?

List your pc spec please including make and model of motherboard.

Any lights on the motherboard?

i had been away from my pc for about 8 months and dont know what happened to it but the plastic backing on one of the usb ports connections was somehow mysteriously missing

Can you describe this in more detail? Aren't the USB ports inside the PC? What are you suspecting exactly, that someone broke your PC? If that is the case, then unfortunately who knows what else they may have done to it.

Back
Top Bottom