Sven Again! **SPOILERS**

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
One person's drunken rant hardly makes a brigade:)

Didn't notice the time of the posts tbh, I just get sick of hearing people slagging off Sven cos he isn't Enlgish, or not passionate enough. We're in the best state I've known, got a damn good competitive record and people slate him cos he's not English !

Permabanned
Sack the ****. Don't even no why he was appointed England manager in the first place, no passion and no loyalty. Erricson Out!

Man of Honour
Ol!ver said:
I just get sick of hearing people slagging off Sven cos he isn't Enlgish, or not passionate enough

Other reasons people aren't happy with Sven:

• Dodgy tactics at times (diamonds, quarterbacks etc)
  • Playing people out of position (Heskey and Johnson are NOT wingers)
  • Keeping faith with underperforming favourite players for too long (Scholes, Heskey, Beckham)
  • Picking rubbish players (name any other footballing power who would give Phil Neville over 50 caps, not to mention James and Hargreaves)
  • Lack of any sort of "Plan B" for when his strategy isn't working
  • The bane of all managers, losing games we shouldn't (Northern Ireland)
  • Suspect loyalty (hanging out with Kenyon&co)

Soldato
OP
Vandle said:
Hardly breaking news , playing for a clueless manager in a struggling team.
Id be upset if he was happy with that.

Sack Sven and send him up here.
I hate the News of the World.

OK. I'm really sick of people having a go at Souey.

They are missing: Owen, Parker, Dyer, Emre, Carr and Taylor.

That's like Liverpool missing Gerrard, Rise, Kewel, Hyypia, Sisoko and Caragher. It's like ManU missing Roony, Van N'Roy, Giggs, Ferdinand, Ronaldo and Saha.

ANY TEAM WITH THAT AMOUNT OF INJURIES is going to do crap. It's not his fault by any means, and Newcastle have performed very well with their "decent" squad out. Michael Owen is unhappy and frustrated at his injury, because he knows that he's the anchorman of that Newcastle team.

Man of Honour
Those players haven't been injured for the whole season though. If he chooses to put all his eggs in one basket and blow over £25m on two forwards, he has to accept the consequences if they get injured. I can't remember the last time Arsene Wenger was able to field his first choice XI, a couple of seasons ago I think.

People knew Souness was clueless long before he took over at Newcastle anyway.

Permabanned
Reesy said:
Sack the ****. Don't even no why he was appointed England manager in the first place, no passion and no loyalty. Erricson Out!

Keegans passion got us nowhere and loyalty is pretty much cash dependant for EVERYONE else in football,can't see why Sven should be any different.Sure there are plenty of English coaches that would love the England job,but are any up to the job ? don't think so.

The real sickener about that story,is how low the Ausy controlled mongrel press will stoop to try and **** up Englands chances in the summer.

Soldato
Tommy B said:

That's like Liverpool missing Gerrard, Rise, Kewel, Hyypia, Sisoko and Caragher. It's like ManU missing Roony, Van N'Roy, Giggs, Ferdinand, Ronaldo and Saha.

ANY TEAM WITH THAT AMOUNT OF INJURIES is going to do crap. It's not his fault by any means, and Newcastle have performed very well with their "decent" squad out. Michael Owen is unhappy and frustrated at his injury, because he knows that he's the anchorman of that Newcastle team.

Yeah , the injuries are affecting us now but before that we were just as bad.
We have 26 points from 21 games - that is relegation form and no team has lost more games away from home this season.

"Souey" as you affectionately call him has destroyed the team that finished in the top 5 three years running.
Falling out with talented players , wasting money on poor players and increasing the contracts of wasters has nothing to do with injuries.

The amount of injuries questions his coaching methods , he is tactically inept , plays a boring system , makes wholesale changes to a winning team , plays players out of position , cowardly refuses to do tv interviews after games , banned players from talking to the local press because he has fallen out with one journalist , openly critical of the fans and refuses to resign because of a big pay off.

Meanwhile his team that he has spent £50m on still attracts the 2nd highest gates in the league and those 50,000 punters are paying the highest average ticket price outside of London despite living in one of the highest unemployment areas in the country.

Associate
Tommy B said:

al agree our injuries have crippled us no pun intended btw, but when u look at his backup players they are second rate at best, personally i would have liked to see him buy experianced premiership players at a low cost so that they will fight for places and when a place does come up because of injury they are all heart and willing to show the manager what they can do.

look at wigans defence, they bought 2 good centre backs and they have been fairly solid all season! where as our two centre backs of shamble nd boumsong who cost way more have been appaling and one of the main reasons why we let in goals. If given got injured we would be bottom 3 by now.

Back to main topic though - I think sven came to see ashley cole play as i reckon wenger told him he would give him a run out, so sven could see hows he doing fitness wise, but when it was 4-0 and the only touches boro were having of the ball were from kickoffs and getting the ball out of the net, he realised cole wasn't gonna have much to do and thus left.

pretty stupid though considering hes a football manager and he walks out on a great game of attacking play, he obviously had a more important engagement like buying more shoes for nancy or something lol.

Associate
sick of his face and stories.

He's done nothing special for the England team, ever.

Just a lounge lizard living off the high life using our dough.

Soldato
In all fairness, although somewhat inappropriate, what he said wasn't far from the truth was it?

SWP not worth 24m, Rooney has a temper and is from a poor family, Rio sometimes lazy, Owen saying money was a major factor, Beckham might like to come back to England etc. Not exactly huge revelations there....

Given that as far as Sven was concerned it was an entirely private conversation, I don't get what the big deal is, a manager should in no way be expected to be 100% positive all the time in every conversation about their players! Fair enough in press releases and conferences but as it wasn't either I don't see it as a big deal and was simply the NOTW making itself a story out of nothing.

Associate
"Owen had told him he was "not really" happy on Tyneside and was only at the club because they put together an "incredible" financial package."

well played swen, knew owen wanted pool :p

Associate
It's a total non-story as Rich_L said. As for Sven, I'm hardly his number 1 fan but there is no one else who is going to be able to come in with only 5 months till the World Cup. Regardless of how he did it he still got us to Germnay, lets just see how he does.

Back
Top Bottom