Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce

Soldato
As a long term addict (almost) I've been a little saddened to see this disappear from the shelves of my local supermarkets (all 3, Tesco's, Sainsburys and Iceland).

Hoping that this is just a short term stock issue... but in the meantime my condiments collection is missing a BBQ bretherin.

Has or does anybody here use this particular brand & style (The original variety) and if so what would be the closest 'next best' option in your experience?

Thanks in advance,

BennyC

Associate
Never had the pleasure of trying it, as I'm too tight to pay the asking price. However our household favourite is a certain Heinz one only available from Home Bargains. It has Asian writing on the bottle so clearly intended for that market - however I swear it is the same as the very one used in McDonalds. Granted not the epitome of BBQ sauce, but one I think is very versatile.

Edit:
71Yoqoj-9qL._SY445_-500x500.jpg

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, I'll keep an eye out for those.

As it happens I dropped them a quick e-mail and there aren't any stock issues (Tesco's & Iceland's Website are showing as unavailable/not listed) but they'll do some digging.

Here's to hoping for some freebies :D

Associate
Sweet Baby Ray's is still available in Sainsburys. Bought 2 bottles last week. My favourite bbq sauce too.
Pack of 2 on Amazon, same price per bottle as Sainsburys.

I panicked when Sainsburys ran out a few weeks ago but now back in, it appears a stock issue if not at your local store.

Soldato
OP
Sweet Baby Ray's is still available in Sainsburys. Bought 2 bottles last week. My favourite bbq sauce too.
Pack of 2 on Amazon, same price per bottle as Sainsburys.

I panicked when Sainsburys ran out a few weeks ago but now back in, it appears a stock issue if not at your local store.

Ta, will hit up a friend with Prime :cool:

Man of Honour
Don't suppose anyone knows where I can get some Newman's Own Smokin' Tomato?
Bought one last year to try and it's pretty damn good. Went back to get more, all gone.

Hoping it pops up again soon.

Associate
I reckon there could be a market for a barbeque sauce monthly subscription type thing. Similar to Graze or Brew52.

Different barbeque sauces from around the world through your letterbox each month with a little magazine telling you what's new in the sauce world as well as tasting notes on the sauces you've been provided with. You can then discuss what you thought on the sauce forum. :p

Back
Top Bottom