Switch speeds

Associate
Dear Everyone,

I am totally new to networks, and a lot of hardware surrounding them. I am trying to learn more about switches at the moment. Some YouTube videos talk about them in a general sense, and some of them delve in thier exact methods of working, and how that occurs - like MAC address tables etc. One guy was talking about a switch and its ability to learn and flood should it need to, using a MAC address of al FFs. But I’m some aspects he is very good, but he doesn’t always explain everything that well. For example when a switch will use an all FFs MAC address to flood the network, sand when it will just learn =- all that kind of stuff and the surrounding functions switches can perform, at that kind of level.
Others talk about switches in a more general level - what they are and do, why they are needed, thier physical make up etc.
I’m not sure what I should be looking at, if I wanna learn networking at a decent level. I am trying to learn enough about networks, plus programs like Active Directory - which has now become Azure, and other aspects, so I can find a job to start with as 1st line IT support. I would like to go a lot further than that, but you gotta start somewhere if you totally change career, whatever your age.
Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks for reading,
Matthew

Back
Top Bottom