• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

switched from intel to ryzen, cpu temps?

Associate
I have just upgraded from a skylake i5 6600k to the ryzen 7 3800x, after buying the mb and cpu i didnt have the cash to buy a decent cooler yet so im using the stock prism cooler, i have a couple of questions about the temps, idle im mostly in the 40s and gaming on battlefield 5 my temp was 68 average.

Think the gaming temp is ok but is it normal for the idle to be this high with ryzen and the stock cooler? this is my first time ever with ryzen, im actually loving it but need to know the temps are ok :)

Thanks

Associate
I have just upgraded from a skylake i5 6600k to the ryzen 7 3800x, after buying the mb and cpu i didnt have the cash to buy a decent cooler yet so im using the stock prism cooler, i have a couple of questions about the temps, idle im mostly in the 40s and gaming on battlefield 5 my temp was 68 average.

Think the gaming temp is ok but is it normal for the idle to be this high with ryzen and the stock cooler? this is my first time ever with ryzen, im actually loving it but need to know the temps are ok :)

Thanks

Ive had the 3800x for nearly 2 years with the stock Wraith cooler and its been totally fine :)

Back
Top Bottom