• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

switching back to 1080p?

Soldato
OP
Looks like you have a bit of a shiny-shiny problem there man, I give you 6 months ;)
lol well i'm going to stick to 1080p got a shed load of stuff to shift including:
a full 5820K build
3440x1440 gsync monitor
4K gsync monitor
already sold
some hd650s,HD700s & HD800s

give the 1800x build to my GF & use the funds towards a new pc. focused on 1080p gaming

I always wanted to get an extremely quiet build but with high Res/Hz its hard so probably do 1080p 144hz limit & build a new PC

finding it hard to find a good micro atx case (would rather a smaller case) with great airflow but quiet all the same

Soldato
Spending £500 on a G-sync monitor defeats the purpose of this exercise. Not only that but it's a ridiculous price to pay for 1080p resolution. I agree with those that said keep what you have and lower settings until you need to upgrade. Then you can start choosing more mid range stuff from the beginning.

Soldato
OP
It'll take some time but DAYYYYYM it'll be rough at first ;) :D
Been there too brother. Not easy :D
So Had about an hour or two.

Got 1440p 144hz on top
got 1080p 240hz directly in front of me
got 4K 60HZ to my right

switch multiple games between monitors & to be honest though the 1080p has less quality. (although not by much once your playing & not looking) the smoothness factor is Far better vs 144hz vs 240hz is a big difference for me.

Tested Over watch at 240hz (240fps pretty much constantly) & BF1 at 240hz (average of 140fps) both felt really good.

dont think ill go back to 1440p/or 4K at this point. However it has made me feel the downside to my AMD R7 1800X in overwatch hitting 95% CPU usage vs 15/30% in 1440p & in BF1 i felt FPS drops (possibly the 0.1% lows dips from going across CCX's)
but will be getting a new build not to long now. the GF will be getting this 1800x

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So Had about an hour or two.

Got 1440p 144hz on top
got 1080p 240hz directly in front of me
got 4K 60HZ to my right

switch multiple games between monitors & to be honest though the 1080p has less quality. (although not by much once your playing & not looking) the smoothness factor is Far better vs 144hz vs 240hz is a big difference for me.

Tested Over watch at 240hz (240fps pretty much constantly) & BF1 at 240hz (average of 140fps) both felt really good.

dont think ill go back to 1440p/or 4K at this point. However it has made me feel the downside to my AMD R7 1800X in overwatch hitting 95% CPU usage vs 15/30% in 1440p & in BF1 i felt FPS drops (possibly the 0.1% lows dips from going across CCX's)
but will be getting a new build not to long now. the GF will be getting this 1800x

Well at least in the future if you do upgrade to a card with RTX on it you will be able to max it out easily :)

But quick question, do you not see the individual pixels on the 1080p? Kind of like a screen door effect? I had a 23” LG Freesync one I tried and could still see them clearly as I do on my Dell 24” which is not far away from my 4K monitor. For me to not see it I had to be at least 3 feet away, but then that was unplayable distance to me personally.

Soldato
OP
Well at least in the future if you do upgrade to a card with RTX on it you will be able to max it out easily :)

But quick question, do you not see the individual pixels on the 1080p? Kind of like a screen door effect? I had a 23” LG Freesync one I tried and could still see them clearly as I do on my Dell 24” which is not far away from my 4K monitor. For me to not see it I had to be at least 3 feet away, but then that was unplayable distance to me personally.
RTX maybe on the cards. will see but TBH i dont see the pixels in games at all. i would say i'm around 2 foot away & its been fine. Although Things like Text seem far bigger. But thats not an issue as i can slide it to my other monitors

Back
Top Bottom