symposium day at uni... I really am scared/nervous, any tips?

Associate
Basically in under 3 weeks it is symposium day at my uni. Which basically means I have to talk with the aid of a poster :rolleyes: about a chosen topic in Geography 'clear zones'.

To cut a long story short I am scared about doing a presentation (let alone a 20minute one) any tips or advice?

I mean I feel like I would rather leave uni than have to do it, I can do work just not the whole stand up and talk in front of peers and strangers thing (really sad face).

help please

Last edited:
Associate
OP
K thanks for your advice, I really do appreciate it ;) . I will begin to bullet point those tips and have em on my desktop wallpaper.

I am the kinda guy that really does think about things way too much, makes me wish I did drama at School or something I am sure that might have helped in this instance :p

Associate
OP
I am honestly shocked at how friendly and HELPFULL everyone is being!!! (thought I would be filtering through nasty comments)

I genuinely am feeling a lot better. Its unbelievable :p

THANK YOU

Associate
OP
thanks again everyone :D I have made notes from the whole thread, reading all the posts made it blatantly obvious that I am not the only one to be in this situation, and to try and look at the bigger picture. ;)

Hopefully I will put all the tips into practice and it will go smoothly. Honestly though I have never been this worried/scared in ages and the 'words of wisdom' have reduced it to controllable nerves. :D

Still 3 weeks to go but I will try and get learning my topic and practicing the lecture ASAP!!!

Love ya all!!!

deadkomodo

Back
Top Bottom