Sync mail accounts from macOS to iOS device - How?

Soldato
OP
Yep. There is no option there to import .mobileconfig file nor to pull accounts from a mac. Pretty poor really that has to be done manually.

It seems that previously there was a way to do this in itunes but it was removed a year or so ago.

Commissario
Pretty sure that when I set up my iPhone, I just turned on iCloud and the mail accounts from my Mac synced out to the phone automatically and these weren't just Apple mail either.

Soldato
OP
I have icloud turned on. There is an icloud mail setting but it seems to only be for an icloud email address which is something separate. I don't have nor want an icloud email address.

Never mind.

Soldato
With IMAP your email won't be sync'ing between devices directly but via the mail server. Just enter your imap settings into each device and everything should be in sync. I have several IMAP accounts working like this across all my devices (mac, MacBook, iPhone etc).

Soldato
OP
With IMAP your email won't be sync'ing between devices directly but via the mail server. Just enter your imap settings into each device and everything should be in sync. I have several IMAP accounts working like this across all my devices (mac, MacBook, iPhone etc).
Yes that what I was trying to avoid. entering incoming and outgoing servers for multiple accounts, along with passwords. Really it ought to be able to pull these from mac or at least accept a config file.

Soldato
OP
This hasn't got anything to do with mail servers. I think you're getting confused, or i've misled you.

I wanted iOS to pull all my account details from MacOS, to save me having configure Mail on the iPhone. It's pretty basic really. It's not got anything to do with the actual email servers.

Permabanned
This hasn't got anything to do with mail servers. I think you're getting confused, or i've misled you.

I wanted iOS to pull all my account details from MacOS, to save me having configure Mail on the iPhone. It's pretty basic really. It's not got anything to do with the actual email servers.

Oh I get you. I miss read that's all. I'm sure you can create a profile file using the Apple Configuration Tool, however you can't automatically pull the info from the Mac.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

It does do this between Macs, I just setup a new Mac, and it prompted me to enable my Office 365 account that it synced once I logged in with my iCloud account.

Back
Top Bottom