Synology DSM 4 BETA

Soldato
New update just for Photo Station. You have to get through the package Centre.

"What's new in version 5.1-2199 :
1. Fixed an issue where you cannot login to Photo Station when the account system is set to Photo Station accounts.

Limitation & Known Issues
1. The password of accounts created earlier than this version running on DSM 4.0 has to be reset if you selected the account system of Photo Station to “Photo Station accounts”.

Soldato
I'm also running v4, and drive Hibernation seems to have stopped. :(

Is there any way of finding out what it stopping it from hibernating?

I've tried using PS and it gives me around 2 pages of processes! :eek:

EDIT: Sorted it now thanks to syno_hibernate_debug_tool :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The only problem I have, and it seems limited to my main rig is that when the computer boots my mapped network shares have red x's on them. Though the bar showing how full they are is there. Sometimes though it does boot and the network shares are immediately online and green. Can't work it out. Only happens with this rig. My others have never experienced this. Which makes me think it is my mobo (ASRock Z68 Extreme4). Odd. Anyone else experienced this?

Soldato
Another small update
Version: DSM 4.0-2228; Build Date: 2012/05/15

"Photo Station, Audio Station, Surveillance Station and Download Station packages have been updated"
"Enhanced the stability of file based iSCSI LUN over 1TB"
"Fixed an issue that caused the incorrect aspect ratio in video playback in Photo Station"

Associate
This new DSM build is excellent. I've been using the cloud service for simple drag and drop storage. Also the new interface is really slick. I get up to 7mb/s transfer rates over a distant wifi connection which is the best ive ever seen it. Im sure it was much slower on the old DSM.

DSM111j with Seagate Barracude Green 2Tb harddrive.

Back
Top Bottom