System build for friend

Soldato
A friend has recently come into some money and wants to blow it on a very nice spec PC for games. I will be building and installing said PC but I need some help which is where you guys come in :D

He has fallen in love with my 2405fpw so I spec'd a pc around this screen, it being a Opty 175 under water and 2 x1900's. Everything was going splendid until he told me he really wouldn't be able to afford to upgrade anything for a good 2-3 years.

Now I am wondering if it would be better to scale the 24" screen down to 20" and drop one of the x1900's. This would save him a lot of cash or he can go up to an FX60 which under water, should get up to some very nice speeds.

I'm just worried about this PC being able to drive the 24" Dell screen for 2-3 years in that config. A 20" widescreen would be much more game-friendly when it comes to longevity.

What do you guys think? Go for the wow factor now and hope the games are still playable at 1920x1200 later on, or spec sensibly considering his financial circumstances?

Help! :)

Back
Top Bottom