System doesn't turn off when I shut down

Soldato
Hi all

I bought a new GPU yesterday (second hand), Fitted and tested, all works fine and performing great. The issue I've come across is the fact my PC doesn't turn off when I shut down, it just keeps the fans spinning on CPU and Case fans?!

Anybody have an idea of what can be causing this?

Thanks

Associate
Have you tried DDU to clean uninstall of previous driver, especially if switched manufacturer. Other thing to check if there is a system process that is altering performance profile under power management.

Associate
Does it do this in safe mode? Also if you have spare USB pen drive, stick any distribution of Linux on it and boot to a live environment (no install required) then try shutting the PC down using the Linux task bar.

If the issue persists then its hardware but if not most likely Windows is the culprit.

Last edited:
Associate
Have you tried removing the motherboard battery,and then pressing the power button several times (unplugged)? Then leave it for a minute before booting back up. It might just be a fresh windows install could fix it. Don't quote me on that though, it's just a suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom