System is built...Now how to test...

Associate
Ok, so the new system is built...

Running

AMD x2 4200+
2GB GEil Ram
2x 6800 gs in SLI
with a seasonic 600w powering

Now I'm just wondering....how do I test this thing out, make sure it is the beast it should be?

What programs do I need to fully test this thing out and give it a run for its money?

Do I need to be doing anything to tweak the system now its built or windows to speed things up?

Thanks

Jay

I actually didn't build it for gaming, but will obviously play games on it here and there, and have tried a few out.

I mean, I know there are programs to fully max out the cpu, and make sure everything is running at a nice temp, and a lot of other programs I have heard of from these over time...these are more what I meant.

As for the benchmarking...what exactly will this achieve?

I wanted a system that would keep me going for a while, and although im not a big gamer now....who knows if I will be in a years time, so bought them both, just incase...rather have it than not I guess...

Also...what programs are out there for memory tests and the such....and also, are there any programs I should have constantly installed to monitor everything?

Or I could have the 6800's now, use them for a year and actually have the option of some semi decent gaming over the £60 video card and then buy two new fast ones, when and if I need them

Different things for different people I guess

Back
Top Bottom