System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition Gets a Fully-Playable VR Mode

Soldato

WANT!

Loved the original game (for all it's faults) but would love to play in VR.

The Dr. Beef ports on Quest have shown these old late 90's PC games work very well in VR. The level of detail and storage requirements are low enough for VR to render effectively, but the games are far, far, better and longer than most dedicated VR games.

Associate
HOLY MOLY!!! I LOVED this back in the day, and grabbed it on Steam in a recent sale when it was a few quid. It's still pretty scary - limited ammo, randomly respawning enemies, amazing sound track. What a game. Want this in VR!!!

Soldato
Alien Isolation says Hello!!

Alien Isolation is extremely scary but the game that genuinely made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and gave me that thrill of fear was The Forest, when the islands inhabitants first came sniffing around my camp. Something about the way they move and behave just freaks me out.

Associate
Alien Isolation is extremely scary but the game that genuinely made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and gave me that thrill of fear was The Forest, when the islands inhabitants first came sniffing around my camp. Something about the way they move and behave just freaks me out.

Oooh I’ll have to try this out. Found myself stuck, unable to move in more than one locker in Alien Isolation. I’ve seen The Forest in offer a few times so will keep my eyes out for this. A dark room and headphones loud is the only way to play horror

Soldato
The Forest is a VR conversion so performance wise it's not great. It's also a survival game with a lot of crafting involved so may not be to everyone's taste. I admit I haven't played it much past the early stages, but the bits I did play were very scary, and by all accounts there's some seriously scary stuff when you explore the cave systems on the island.

Associate
Thx op, SS2 in vr hopefully will be good, I had the original back in the 90s and really enjoyed it, spooky stuff lol. The forest in vr sounds good too.

Soldato
This is a definite buy for me. This is one of my all time favourite games and instilled in me a love for this kind of game. It was scary as hell and hard as nails! The Deus Ex and Bioshock series are similar in terms of gameplay but the real spiritual successor for me was Prey.

Back
Top Bottom