system/speakers in loft query

Associate
hi guys

im gonna shell out shortley on a new hi fi set up which will prob consist of the following :-

arcam cd73t cd player
rotel ra-03 amplifier
denon tu-1800dab dab tuner

the only prob i can think of i have will be the speakers as my room is in the loft now if i buy standmounts or floormounts surely the sound will be affected as its not a solid floor .

if i was gonna by floorstanders i would prob get the KEF IQ5's but only if the sound wont suffer if i gotta get wallmounts then what does anyone think about the EPOS M12.2's for wallmounting

any advice much appreciated thx

Associate
OP
the floor is perfectly strong enough for a few tonnes easy its just that its a hollow floor rather than a concrete floor like a ground floor house living room i would imagine that would effect the sound.

the reason im going with the rotel is that its suposed to be a very good intergrated amp and got rave reviews in what hi fi.its also in a good price range for me dont really wanna spend more than £500 and it wont look out of place under an arcam unit.

im open to other suggestions in its place would be great guys keep em coming :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
looks like im gonna have to have a rethink then lol thx for the input guys much appreciated
must admit i do like the look of the naim stuff shame theyre abit out of the budget range :(

also if u dont mind me asking what system do u guys have?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ive been looking at the niam kit and i love the stuff,its great looking equipment shame its a bit outta my price range even the lowest end stuff :(

Naim Nait 5i Integrated Amplifier - £699
Naim cd51 cd player - £825
Kef iq5's - £399

so realistically its gonna have to be the arcam kit

Arcam CD73T CD Player - £419
Arcam A80 Amplifier - £629
Kef iq5's - £399

i would like matching equipment if poss anyone suggest any other spec for £1500 max thx in advance :)

Back
Top Bottom