T2 : Trainspotting

Trainspotting (1996) was one of the most iconic films of the 1990s. Never seen it myself but I loved the soundtrack with Blur, Pulp, Underworld, Leftfield and so on. There was a lot of hype around its release, but posters of the "choose life" script would remain a staple in student bedrooms into the early 2000s. It certainly lived up to the hype.

T2 Trainspotting is the sequel due for release on 29th Jan. Is it just me, or does it feel as though that it isn't getting the same amount of love as the original? E.g. I only saw the first billboard advert today for this. I'm still fairly into my music and yet I've not heard any hints yet of the soundtrack either.

Is it going to tank? Is 20 years a little too little late? Wrong time of the year for a release? (Winter vs Summer). Hope it does well though. It's got Ewan McGregor in it again.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I agree I should watch it really. It probably won't be my cup of tea, but I appreciate that it's a 90s classic and I hope the sequel does well despite the lack of hype.

What I really liked about Trainspotting though was the soundtrack, and I hope that the sequel gets similar love on the music front.

Soldato
OP
This the way I feel too. But they seem to be making sequels to everything these days and remakes.

Point Break, Total Recall, Beauty and the Beast.

Millions of sequels for every half decent movie.

Beauty and the Beast is a bit different though. Disney made it into a cartoon in 1991 and the new version is live action. Disney are currently in the middle of doing these. E.g. they've already done Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Jungle Book etc, then Mulan is just around the corner IIRC after Beauty/Beast.

Soldato
OP
I agree with the others in that you should never judge a book by its cover.

I started this thread because T1 was a cult film of the 90s. Again, I haven't seen it, but I did buy the soundtrack. I was 17, turning 18, and so this is very much nostalgia for me (along with Euro '96). The only thing I don't miss was the fact that I was having relationship problems at the time. Sweet adolescence lol

Back
Top Bottom