Tablet advice - Fire HD 10 or Mediapad T5

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I'm looking for a new 10 inch tablet for my kids to use... I'm looking for a budget tablet, but not a junk model that I'll regret spending money on.

I've currently shortlisted the Fire HD 10 and Huawei Mediapad T5, but I can't find any direct comparison in reviews.

Many of the hardware specs are comparable, but I'm focused on the processor and memory... it looks like the Fire HD has a faster processor/gfx, but I'm concerned about only having 2GB RAM. The Mediapad has a Kirin 659 processor and 3GB RAM.

Obviously there is the difference of Fire OS vs normal Android, though I understand that it's not so hard to get the Play Store and Nova launcher on the Fire tablet... any one with experience that they can share here?

Fire HD 10 currently £95 and the Mediapad T5 is £140.

Thoughts?

Soldato
At the price th Amazon tablet is a steal. I've got the slightly older model which I've had for a couple of years now and its absolutely fine as a multimedia device.

The new one is a bit fast, useful for games I guess but I only really watch stuff on mine. Only complaint is screen is very average at everything, its usable but don't expect it to be any better than a budget smartphone.

Not using Nova launcher but Play store took me about a minute to install and not had any quirks since.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
OP
Thanks for input... I've found an extra 10% off the MediaPad, which is bringing the price difference down... Still can't decide!

Back
Top Bottom