Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
Hi all,

Just wondering if any of the people from this forum play the tabletop version of warhammer at all, I for one just started collecting necrons from 40k in January and started going to a local gaming Club fairly close around the telford shropshire areas. Would be great to see who else off here plays?

Arcimbaldo

Associate
OP
What made me go with necrons?

Well the look on the face of a space marine player whos terminator assault squads just wiped up all but one out of a 10 strong warriors in assault, then to witness the squad restore to full strength after all 10 passed their well be back roles, it really is priceless.

For me i love all aspects of it especially the customising, im in the process of making my own flayed ones and i love it :D, Ill get some pics of my currently painted army shortly :D

Associate
OP
My first necron warrior :D

Picture005.jpg

I touched it up a bit afterwards but thats my general colour scheme.

Associate
OP
I use online shops for buying stuff now,
Dark sphere usually offers about a 20-25% discount off the official GW price, i got the battleforce for 39 quid off them instead of 51 ish.

To the ones who actually do play whereabouts do you actually play?

Associate
OP
Delivery is a bit slow but i do not particularly mind, usually takes about a week or so to arrive.
yeah i compared them with maelstrom and i think they were a bcouple of quid cheaper on most things but then again the delivery is probably a bit more and takes longer, ive used them 3 times now and they've been fine.

All the other times i just use Fleabay, picked up a monolith just now for under £20, and i will be getting one for my birthday, Doomsday Phalanx here i come :p

Associate
OP
I have to say that the dreadknight is freakishly awesome!

And its good to see a fellow necron player!
What models do you have in there, a few heavy destroyers? and is that the nightbringer or deciever i see, if so do you actually use him much?

Associate
OP
@SPARC
I generally buy the official Games workshop Paints, as i use their washes For my models. However ive heard that the Vallejo Paints are the next best alternative (if not better). As for brushes any ones will do really. Providing they are the correct sizes and the bristles aren't split apart.
I wouldn't be discouraged by Peoples amazing skills at painting, We were all pants at one stage of our painting careers, but providing you stick at it you could eventually b producing awesome minatures!

Associate
OP
I would also recommend dark sphere,
They are cheaper than wayland and the war games store but depending on your order the delivery could counteract the saving as it can be quite expensive for delivery. The washes are brilliant but as for standard paint the Vallejo ones look good, I will try them out at some point.

As for which models to get, If you dont plan on actually playing just choose the ones that look coolest, Which IMO are the new grey knights :p.

Associate
OP
Werewolf,
What airbrush do you use and are they costly to maintain etc.?
Im considering getting a cheap one as i use a lot of ink on my models and heard you can use GW washes with it, it takes one hell of a long time to use a brush on 70+ necron warriors :(

Associate
OP
What colour scheme were you using?
My current scheme takes about Half an hour per model not including the drying time between washes, as its not just drybrushing coats like most metallic schemes are. See the first page for pics if you havent already.

Associate
OP
I undercoat the models Skull white about 20 at a time, then wash the entire model in Gryphonne Sepia. I will do the skull white plate armor on about 10 at a time, then leave it an hour, come back and paint the guns black/touch up any plate armor i screwed up on (quite a lot). Leave about half an hour then detail the gun and again touch up any plate armor then put the gauss rod in, paint the trim of the base black, then after another half hour PVA glue the base and then dip it in snow flock, wait a day and dip it in snow flock again with PVA on.
So far ive done, 48 warrirors 1 monolith 2 lords 6 destroyers and 10 scarab swarms, On my list to go:
- Another 32 warriors
- 16 Flayed ones
- 12 Immortals
- 9 Destroyers
- 14 scarab swarms
- 2 monoliths

Ya i havent quite finished building it all yet and have to customise the flayed ones and immortals out of palstic warriors, it seems a daunting task :D

EDIT: The airbrush would come in handy when washing the models, as the entire model needs to be done well otehrwise the white shows thorugh, so the airbrush could do the batch very quickly instead of individually with a brush

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom