Tabletop Warhammer?

I personally have just started an Ogre Kingdoms Army for Fantasy, Gotta love the background Fluff as well as the sheer size of the models.
And some pics of my converted Flayed Ones, Im by no means the best at painting but i gave them by best shot.
IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

Gotta love the GW Washes, they practically make my army :D

Chaos Daemons are rarely played, but once you have mastered the army They can be exceptionally hard to beat, due to the fact none of the army starts on the board, ALL of it deepstrikes in. Also the fact that every unit has an invulrable save is great when playing against marines. I personally dont play but a guy at my local club does, he beat me twice in a row then lost due to very unlucky deep strike scatter rolls and unlucky deepstrike mishap results.

They are great fun by the looks of things though!

I've got a Necron army but lost the will to play a while back. A combo of 'even more warriors to paint' (Though then again must be worse for IG's), and 5th edition blues. Here's hoping the new codex (Due 2013?) will get me back into it.
I was also planning on DIYing some pariahs, because despite the lack of we'll be back, they're so damn awesome! Forces your opponent to either waste all their shots on them, meaning the rest of the army advances safely, or they ignore the pariahs and get completely destroyed. But they're only available in metal, and its something like £7 a model :(

According to the rumours necrons will be October 2011, but i take that with a pinch of salt. As for Pariahs i dont bother with them due to the lack of WBB but apart from that they look awesome to try out, i converted immortals and flayed oens from warriors, so maybe something similar could be done with Pariahs?

I honestly do not bother varnishing my models, they rarely get chipped and when they do in my eyes they look more battleworn :D, however if you use an army sharder quick dip im told that you should use an anti shine spray as it shines quite a lot, not 100% sure on this though.
@Freelanc3r, I highly reccommend the shock attack gun, am i right in saying if you roll a double 6 for it anything the ordanance template touches is automatically destroyed, no questions asked?

I bought some loctite glue for £2.65 with free postage from fleabay which is awesome stuff, i just need some araldite for my Necron Deceiver as Super Glue is not strong enough.

Oh and i got my ass handed to me today by an Ork Player, Mainly cause i forgot one of my lords. It was a bit ironic as he charged my monolith with a unit of tankbustas, 6 Str 10 Tankhammer hits immobilised the monolith and it seemingly would not die, then his Str 6 2d6 armor pen krak grenades destroy it -.- I phased out in the end thoguh...

freelanc3r,
I play at STAGS in Telford, Shropshire.
I got the C'tan Deceiver today as i love the model, delicously evil in the words of Stewie Griffin.
I am looking to get stuff of fleabay now due to the ludicrous prices prices as you can get some real bargains when bidding, if your willing to strip them/touch them up a bit.

£23 for a mek with shokk attack gun!
That is ludicrous, even £18 is high.
I payed £15 for the Deceiver which is reasonable i thought.
The Ogre Kingdoms Tyrant is £23 but that is metal, I honestly think GW have gone too far with the latest price rises but i spose the Resin models do look mighty fine.
Ill just head to fleabay whenever i need something for my army i think.

The sniper rifles are great for high toughness models as they auto Wound on a 4+ iirc,
I would say a missile launcher is fairly useless as you need at least 5 scouts in the squad and if you target a tank with the missile then depending on the AV the other weapons will likely be wasted, so i would stick with anti infantry weapons, such as bolters/snipers.

Raziel did you pay 45 quid for the book?, Is it actually worth it as in the content as i am not sure whether tog et that or the A5 version for about half the price, would be nice to get the hardback version i suppose. And is that tomb kings book hardback too?

Just a bit of an update,
I have made a project to create the cheapest possible fantasy ogre kingdoms army by using second hand sources, so far i have spent 49 Pounds and have got, The army book, A tyrant, A butcher, 18 Bulls, 4 Leadbelchers, all second hand but i am stripping them and repainting them, the army is about 1100 points which is not bad for a tad under 50 quid.

As for starting a new army i would go straight for the battalion from a 3rd party supplier as GW just hiked the prices and they are now about 60 pounds a piece.

Back
Top Bottom