Tagan 580w ground cable

Associate
Were do I plug my tagan ground cable 2 had power supplies before but none never had a ground cable before

Soldato
Any screw that attaches to the case.

I usually screw mine to my CD drive, well I use one of the screws and put it there. :)

Associate
I always thought a psu should have a ground cable since I dont see how they ensure it otherwise.
Any screw that also touches the case is fine. My drive screws dont because of measures I took against vibration so I'd use the motherboard to case screw probably

Soldato
Normal PSU's use the screws on the casing to the case, Tagans do not because of the way the threading is mounted. (I think)

Associate
Been a very long while since I looked at the tagan manual, but I remember readig something along the lines of the Ground cable should be conected to a motherboard screw too help against voltage ripple, or something along those lines. My tagan is the very first revision with the ground connector more like a hook which is a pain to screw down , unlike the newer ones with a screwhole.

Associate
kidloco said:
never put my grounding cable anywhere, had it over a year now, never an issue

Probably won't be an issue, but if anything happened, you wouldn't want your components to fry would you?!? It is quite unlikely though tbh but it could happen

Soldato
I dont use the motherboard screw as its a pain having more cables running around, when the CDrom bays on most cases are just as good.

Back
Top Bottom