Tagan psu fans

Associate
At the moment the psu is the loudest item in my case. Its a tagan u22 530w. Want to change the fans but dont want to caise any overheating problems. Does anyone know the specs of the tagan fans

Thats right - 2 80mm fans. It isnt noisy but when evrything is 5v when im sleeping its the only thing i can hear. Its fine when the fans are low but when they spin it up its annoying. Have 2 silenx 80mm fans which i just got of a friend. He doesnt know if they are 9 or 11db ones and im not sure if they would move enough air for a tagan. Also have some ys-tech silents which i would have thought could move enough air for the psu

I'm in the same boat as you. My Tagan 480W is the loudest part of the PC. However I don't think it's the fans but this ticking noise caused by some faulty electrical components. Apparently it's well known problem in tagans and you can RMA your PSU. I'm not going to bother with RMAing my PSU as it's a pain in the butt, I'll just buy a new quiter PSU like the Seasonic one.

thats weird how its spining up during the night. ive got a u22 in the PC next door but the rest of the PC sounds liek a thunder god so its impossible to tell anyway. but these new moduular tagans with the 12mm single fan are silent.

do you have another PSU you can use for RMA ?, or is the psu old enough not to void any waranties by popping it appart?

Day03 said:
I'm in the same boat as you. My Tagan 480W is the loudest part of the PC. However I don't think it's the fans but this ticking noise caused by some faulty electrical components. Apparently it's well known problem in tagans and you can RMA your PSU. I'm not going to bother with RMAing my PSU as it's a pain in the butt, I'll just buy a new quiter PSU like the Seasonic one.
tell me more about the well known problem ??

slap ed said:
tell me more about the well known problem ??

You haven't heard of Tagan's ticking problems?

Basically there is a fault (said to be harmless by Tagan) that means the PSU ticks when powered off, but still with the ATX cord connected. It mainly effected the 480W versions from ATX1.3 and below.

Its def not the ticking noise - havent heard that with mine. Was also abit dubious about 9 and 11db fans that can move 20cfm. Will see what they are like when get them plugged in. Psu fans spin up at night as its at top of case and as my other fans are 5v case temp goes up so the air is hotter going through psu so fans have to go faster. Also comp is set to defrag, virus scan etc at 3am. Psu is in warranty still - not even a year old. Its the 530w version

Back
Top Bottom