Take ONE, Get TWO - new GIGABYTE upgrade programme

Soldato
Are there going to be any equivalents of the z97 g1 wifi bk in the 170 range?

Hopefully it will be a better board this time around. Like with wireless built in rather than a card, and onboard sound with capability of doing dolby digital live over optical, among some other niggles.

Associate
Gigabyte's upgrade page still says "more information coming soon".

Although I've decided not to pursue this as Skylake is not a viable upgrade, and my GB boards were too problematic, it's massively disappointing that this has still not moved forward despite Z170 having launched 7 weeks ago. I'd like to exchange my boards so I can sell the new ones.

I'd imagine most people who wanted to take up this offer would have been early adopters. Maybe Gigabyte knew few people would upgrade from LGA 1150 to 1151.

Associate
Is that after you provide the details on this link?

http://upgrade.gigabyte.eu/

Based on the FAQ

Upgrade free of charge means, that e.g. the GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK will be exchanged without extra charge against the direct successor, probably the GA-x10x-UD3H-BK. But GIGABYTE also offers an upgrade against higher SKUs e.g. the GA-x10x-UD5H-BK. Here the customer has to pay just the difference between his original purchase price and the suggested street price of the new board.
It'll only be once they've released the Black editions of the version you've got.

Associate
GIGA-Man
I brought a Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H in 2014. does this also apply for an upgrade?
I never registered the board thou.
If so, what shall i do. and what board can i get.

Cheers :)

P.s i still have the order number etc in my history.

Last edited:
Soldato
October 21th, 2014 – Today, GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, launched its new service and quality offensive for their GIGABYTE Black Edition series motherboards, based on the latest Intel Z97 chipset.

All customers who purchase a new 9 series Black Edition motherboard (models listed below), tested on 168h server level benchmarks are able to register for the ultimate and unique UPGRADE WARRANTY.

The GIGABYTE Black Edition 9 series motherboards included into this promotion are:

- GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
- GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK

GIGA-Man
I brought a Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H in 2014. does this also apply for an upgrade?
I never registered the board thou.
If so, what shall i do. and what board can i get.

Cheers :)

P.s i still have the order number etc in my history.

I'd say from the very opening post that the answer is no!

los

los

Associate
As above and they also state
To be able to benefit from this service, the customer must register their GIGABYTE Black Edition 9 Series motherboard for the 3 year upgrade warranty within 4 weeks of the original purchase date.

Associate
OP
We offer free upgrade from:
Z97X-UD3H-BK to Z170X-UD3
Z97X-UD5H-BK to Z170X-UD5 TH
Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK to Z170X-Gaming G1

Here is the website to claim this: http://upgrade.gigabyte.eu

We also offer advanced upgrade from:
Z97X-UD3H-BK to Z170X-UD5 TH or Z170X-Gaming G1
Z97X-UD5H-BK to Z170X-Gaming G1
In this case customer pays only the difference between his original purchase price and the suggested street price of the new board.

Such advanced upgrade is handled individually via this email.

Back
Top Bottom