Taking a dip in the pool -LCD questions

Associate
So looking to take my first step into WC, going to be using a Raijintek Scylla 360 for ease of use and relatively low cost for a first attempt.

I’d like to be able to hook up an LCD in the case to show me temps - bonus if able to tweak fan settings…
But where do I start? What options are there?

If you're on about those 'small screens' that are shown in cases like o11 evo's then you'll need a usb tft panel (which will act like a second screen) and aida64 for showing the settings on it.

Here's a more detailed video on it

Tweaking fan settings is bios/fan control software depending on your fans etc

I have only built one WC system but it seems to have been a success so perhaps my advice is still worthy.

From my research it seemed that most people don't have independent monitoring and display of water temperature. Nevertheless I invested in a High-Flow Next temp/flow meter from Aquacomputer. It has been a huge help in setting up my loop and is a great reassurance because I can just glance over at it too see that water is flowing and at what temperature. However now that my PC is up and running and has been for a year, I could say that I don't NEED it. Nevertheless I recently did some maintenance to shift some air that had built up in a rad, and having it there whilst using BIOS controls for the pumps is great. Also it monitors coolant quality which is great.

Since one of my objectives was noise reduction it was essential for me to have good fan control. So I bought an Aquacomputer Octo and I am very glad that I did. I have 9 fans so one is wired to the mobo and controlled by BIOS, as are the pumps. From what I have seen the fan control in my mobo BIOS is relatively good, but it is still crude compared to what is provided by Aquasuite. I don't think having my fans under BIOS control would meet my needs.

How do you plan to set up your fan control? Using CPU/GPU temperature isn't great since they can spike and cause rapid rpm changes. But water cooling is not dynamic like air cooling. Water acts like a huge heatsink which stays within a relatively small temperature window. The fans should really be controlled by water temperature.

Aquacomputer has a variety of pumps, CPU blocks and the like, which include screens for displaying temps, fan speds and associated stats. Some, like the D5 NEXT, can also control things like fans based on temperature sesnors (Mobo, virtual or real) and even shut the system down if it overheats.

If you fancy going all out, their Aquaero can do the same while also controlling just about everything else throughout the cooling loop.
Most allow you to alter things through either their own on-board controls, or through the (free) Aquasuite software.

Cheers guys I’d had been looking at something like

BARROWCH 250MM IPS HIGH DEFINITION SYSTEM MONITORING LCD DISPLAY - BLACK​

But part of what I want from it is to have it display the current fluid temp within the loop which is where I’m struggling to figure out if that’s possible

It possibly can, but you'd need an in-line temperature sensor or some other component that can connect to it.
I suggested Aquasuite because some of their kit has that feature already integrated.

Cheers guys I’d had been looking at something like

BARROWCH 250MM IPS HIGH DEFINITION SYSTEM MONITORING LCD DISPLAY - BLACK​

But part of what I want from it is to have it display the current fluid temp within the loop which is where I’m struggling to figure out if that’s possible
The display looks like it's basically doing the same as the one in the video I linked to...ie using AIDA64 to display info (themed layout) on a 'second display'... might be better display options that use purely usb though as that one needs two cables (mini hdmi and usb).

To get it to display the fluid temps you'll need an inline sensor which can be plugged into a device (some external module or the motherboard if it has the right connector) that can then be read by AIDA64.

Then within AIDA64 you'd set up the bits for the display etc and then set up how you want to show them, either a template or custom (this bit is basically covered in the video I linked to) layout.

Back
Top Bottom