Taking The Plunge

Associate
Ok , so i've decided to go custom loop.
Current system is:-
Corsair 300r case
Asus Crosshair VII with a 5800x
RTX 3080 ti FE
EVGA 750W psu

I wanna move to a Lian Li 011 Dynamic midi case with EKWB side Distro plate.
I'll be putting 360 radiators top & bottom.- which rads and fans to use ?
Which GPU waterblock to use, corsair or EKWB ?
Which type of rigid tube is best & easiest to work with ?
Which coolant for long term stability?
Finally , i'm giving in to 15yr old Gaming Warrior and need RGB that will play nice together

Sorry for newby questions but we all gotta start somewhere

Associate
Go for the O11D EVO - (Newer revised variation)

If you want to go all out with build there this is pretty much the way to go

Check out EKWB page https://www.ekwb.com/shop/stl-dragon-blood

EKs new Matrix7 compatibility has made hardline cooling simple. Just wish they could release a velocity2 monoblock for some am4 boards to make it even better

Priced in extra tubing as max on fitting it let me add was 11 instead of 18 to keep cost as accurate as possible

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,164.47 (includes delivery: £13.20)​

Associate
As you are going to be using the Founders Edition 3080 ti then this is the cooler you need if you choose EK

Personally I think they`re the best looking GPU waterblock out there and they perform very well too ;)

Associate
As you are going to be using the Founders Edition 3080 ti then this is the cooler you need if you choose EK

Personally I think they`re the best looking GPU waterblock out there and they perform very well too ;)
It is a very nice block, but the price on it is pretty steep - like 3x price of a normal one.

Associate
OP
It is a very nice block, but the price on it is pretty steep - like 3x price of a normal one.
I actually prefer the look and layout of the corsair block.
£1164! :eek:

seriously? and this will then look like every other 011 build. Distro plate builds are so dull. It takes out all the individuality.
MikeTimbers I don't mind that it will look like many other 011 builds. I, personally, like the look and the distro plate makes it easier for a first time water builder , like me.

Soldato
MikeTimbers I don't mind that it will look like many other 011 builds. I, personally, like the look and the distro plate makes it easier for a first time water builder , like me.

Hmm, respectfully, a distroplate makes any (any!) imperfections in your tubing look worse and results in massively higher costs. It all sounds great: straight tube runs yay! except to get straight runs needs fittings that straighten out the runs or subtle small bends that are hard to get perfect.

Hey, it's your money.

Soldato
@pigeonguyuk Thank you for that link, I have this case and was going to do my usual AIO and leave GPU as is but I could actually achieve that as it's all listed. It's a high barrier for noobs, for example, I have no idea how or where I could put any other pumps because I'm not very practically minded. I take Mike's comments but it's still going to look better than what I had planned and I couldn't care less if it looks like someone else's build, I don't take it out and about with me..

Always been confused how WC is better than an AIO for a CPU considering the parts are the same.

Last edited:
Associate
Worth getting a set of cheap 12/14/16mm tubing to confirm if thats what you wanna go with for you build. Its expensive to chance after you have all the fittings in hand.

Back
Top Bottom