Talk to me about cloud hosting... vidahost

Associate
I'm trialling vidahost at the moment for cloud hosting - it seems good and I like their control panel (a lot neater than cpanel) also a couple of benefits sound good like no emails held or lost if the server is down for any reason as the email servers are separate ect.. however I don't know if its worth the increased cost.

Its £10 a month for the cloud service and extra £10 if i want to be a reseller (I have about 15 people who get hosting off me)

However my existing hosting is standard cpanel hosting and only costs around £50 for the year.

It seems fairly good but it does have quite a few bits of downtime in the year even tho the stats say 99% im not sure.

The current provider is Aventure Host

Opinions welcomed

I totally agree with the cPanel being widely support argument - couple of points of discussion

because its so widely used is it open to attacks more?

on the vidacloud you can setup packages with say www.bob.com and then use a temporary domain such as www.bob.temp.com to preview your changes to the site - so when you are ready you can just disable the temporary address and point the name servers to the hosting account you've setup - ie no downtime.

Is £240 a year considered expensive for hosting? 25 sites, 20gb space, 200gb bandwidth

As my aventure package is similar for £40? but I'm not sure I'm the right guy to tell the true value of it!

Back
Top Bottom