TalkTalk Fibre - frequent disconnects??

Soldato
Howdy :cool:

I just upgraded from standard ADSL to Faster Fibre on 1st of June, it's great.. awesome speeds I'm getting which is a big step up from the 6MB I was getting previously!

However, I've been getting random reboots/disconnects happening a lot especially when streaming Amazon/Netflix or just gaming on PS4.. I'm using my own router as the HG633 is awful, so I'm using the TP-Link AC1200 VR400

TalkTalk are never around to help at weekend, hoping they can look at my line. Just wondering if anyone has an idea what may be wrong?

Router stats:

R88QyuM.jpg

Soldato
OP
Would turning my modem off to switch back to HG633 (TT router) be a good idea then, as this could affect things?

I think my quoted guaranteed speed was 40-45mb, whilst I know this isn't much more than their standard fibre package, I just thought for a fiver more.... :D I will probably monitor this though.

Soldato
OP
It was between 40-45, I can't remember exactly what it was.

Just for comparison, this is the stats at the moment (after it rebooted!)

04b09e05-e086-4954-8dbd-cd075721d461
iKtjM1E.png

Soldato
OP
No way that error count would be normal for even hours and hours and GB's of downloads. By comparison I only have 3552 FEC errors over 1080 hours of up time. Something is definitely wrong. Contact Talk Talk.

I've spoke to them, they've pretty much just advised me to plug it into test socket for 48 hours. I'm probably gonna wait a few more days as I don't wanna turn off router :eek:

Pffft.... Two and a half billion upstream FEC errors a week and it's never bothered me! :p:D

You going for the world record there? lol

Back
Top Bottom