Talktalk UFO - Any good?

Associate
Does anyone have Talktalk 1gb UFO here?

They're currently laying the fibre for my road and my town, I'm looking at TalkTalk ufo because of its price, but does anyone have any first-hand experience with them with UFO?

As I've been on TalkTalk adsl2+ for donkey's years now and had no problem till they stopped putting on customer requested profile as I'm stuck at 16/17Mb non-fastpath nowadays when I always had 21Mb and fast path on a solid line before the major DLM implementation.

Caporegime
TalkTalk UFO is CityFibre, so you'll have a choice of using TalkTalk, Vodafone or Zen as the provider (though it might take a while for all the providers to come on board).

Soldato
Ah fair enough, did you do the pot into the premises? Any tips on when I get it installed to make sure I get the best line possible from the pot etc?

There isn't any real issues with getting the fibre to the house, It'll either come from the pavement or the pole now (not sure what your street is like).

They'll bury some subduct and blow the fibre in from the cab. The lads will probably push for the ONT to be mounted on an outside facing wall and then they can run an ethernet cable from there to wherever you need your router.

Associate
OP
Yea I do know how it works, just wondering if it would be better to ask when they do the pot outside ready as they go along to instead not do it at the boundary and do it up the drive? bit closer for that little extra bit? etc is just what I'm wondering as I'll have the chance to talk to them as gigaclear are laying it down our street.

Just want to eek and get everything bit I can.

Associate
I’ve been on talk talk 1 gig since last feb. It’s been faultless. Fibre nation did the install which is now owned by city fibre. 27 quid a month also

moving in 6 months but will drop to 500mb :(

Associate
Talktalk seems to started offering FTTP in my area (aberdeen) on the cityfibre network. The only other provider is vodafone which I've heard very mix things about (poor speeds duting peak times) so considering talktalk.

One thing is not clear is whether its symmetrical speeds (i.e. 500mb down and up) as the TT checkr only lists 70mb upload but it references openreach so I think its not updated to include the Cityfibre netwrok.

Can anyone confirm?

Permabanned
Oh dear heaven don't get Talktalk. I was with them for a few years and it was horrific. The problem was their Customer Services. Everything will be fine until you phone Customer Services. I used to dread phoning them because they invariably didn't understand what I wanted and ended up changing my package in ways I didn't want. At one point they completely terminated my service by accident and I had to wait two weeks for it to be reconnected. I mean they are just completely incompetent. Really, don't go cheap.

Associate
Oh dear heaven don't get Talktalk. I was with them for a few years and it was horrific. The problem was their Customer Services. Everything will be fine until you phone Customer Services. I used to dread phoning them because they invariably didn't understand what I wanted and ended up changing my package in ways I didn't want. At one point they completely terminated my service by accident and I had to wait two weeks for it to be reconnected. I mean they are just completely incompetent. Really, don't go cheap.
You may not be happy, but around 4 million punters on TT seem to be happy, me included :)

Soldato
i've been w/ TT since Tiscali days and can agree w/ pp111. service has generally been top-notch, but when something does go wrong it's off to India w/ a bunch of plebs w/ a script. some things have been sorted fine by talking to the message boards, but recently my service went, taking out the landline too, which was a bit disconcerting. India tried to help me acquire a wifi extender :-| The service eventually sorted itself fortunately, musta been a passing bleb. recently however i went to Fibre65, guaranteed no price rises over the contract; last week i got notice of a £2.50 increase, not much but 10% of the current price. apparently toothless/pointless watchdogs say they can do this if they offer you 30 days to quit, which isn't really practical. They've started CityFibreing the town so i'm biting my tongue and when i get that to my house i will not be renewing w/ TT on general principals.

Associate
I currently work for Cityfibre and once the wayleave is sorted for the apartment i live in our street should be added to the existing fibrenation equipment.

The only catch is the only isp in york currently selling the product is TalkTalk, until we build the 2 new fibre exchanges and then onboard the other isps which will be end of next summer.

I play competetive fps games and me and my gf both stream on twitch. Do i wait until next summer and stay with gamingbroadband who im currently with or get a year out of talktalk 1gb and leave if its ****.

Soldato
I currently work for Cityfibre and once the wayleave is sorted for the apartment i live in our street should be added to the existing fibrenation equipment.

The only catch is the only isp in york currently selling the product is TalkTalk, until we build the 2 new fibre exchanges and then onboard the other isps which will be end of next summer.

I play competetive fps games and me and my gf both stream on twitch. Do i wait until next summer and stay with gamingbroadband who im currently with or get a year out of talktalk 1gb and leave if its ****.
It’s been for me for the last 2 years. Install was a pain took 3 attempts but that might have just been our house.

Associate
It’s been for me for the last 2 years. Install was a pain took 3 attempts but that might have just been our house.
Yeah our installation should be fun, i have to wait for them to dig a trench and a new way into the apartment block as we can't use existing openreach stuff. Ive been told talktalk ufo is the only bit they actually give a bit if q damn about so its actually pretty good and the ufo team are helpful.

Soldato
Yeah our installation should be fun, i have to wait for them to dig a trench and a new way into the apartment block as we can't use existing openreach stuff. Ive been told talktalk ufo is the only bit they actually give a bit if q damn about so its actually pretty good and the ufo team are helpful.
Good luck! Post back to let us know how you got on.

Associate

I'd heard there is a dedicated Talk talk UFO team dealing with their Fibre installs - is this a UK based team or do they farm it out to india as well?

Back
Top Bottom