Tamron 17-50 de-centered?

Associate
Hi all

I recently bought this lens for my Canon 650D and whilst it maybe normal for this lens to be soft at the sides, it seems to be much worse on the right side of the frame. It also seems to be happening at apertures such as F5.6 and F8, which is suppose to the the sweet spot for this lens

Here is a link to my flicker page. Its the images titled "de-centered lens?"

https://www.flickr.com/photos/roderz88/25353488730/in/dateposted-public/

Caporegime
I went through 3 copies of the tamron 17-50 non-VC and gave up, all were soft.

However, you need to post a proper test photo, how is anyone supposed to tell anything form a picture of clouds? Shoot some test charts, some brick walls. Make sure you use a tripod, remote release, mirror-up, live0view for autofocus. Make sure the camera is parallel with target (not easy).

Soldato
was going to agree with the above, the shot with the hedge does seem soft of the right hand edge. Go and shoot a shot of a brick wall at a reasonable distance I wouldn't worry about a tripod etc in the first instance just try and get as square as you can a badly de-centred lens will be obvious without any special setup.

Caporegime
The blue ray collection photo looks fine. You aren't centered on the brick wall so it is impossible to tell anything.

Caporegime
Just print out a focus chart is surely the sensible option here?

It took me a good while to figure out that my sigma 35mm was back focusing (took a big of the availing dslr body correction to fix.)

But never would have got there without a proper method

Man of Honour
I've got a 17-50 IS version which developed a fault on the auto focus motor.. Fortunately it had a 5 years warranty.

Good lenses but not built that great. I bought a 24-105 F4 as a replacement, only using the Tamron for wider angles shots or where i need a faster lens.

Back
Top Bottom